Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I randomly got thinking about a fan that used to write to the club to tell them to take more in inswinging corners. I wonder if they still get letters or if it's all tweets now.

Just check Burrows' mentions and they'll be in there somewhere.

16 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I randomly got thinking about a fan that used to write to the club to tell them to take more in inswinging corners. I wonder if they still get letters or if it's all tweets now.

I don't know this person but I actually completely agree.

When I was a wean I wrote to McCleish to sign players from Africa. He sent me a hand written note thanking me for the advice, and we signed Shivute. It was a different time, now you have to reply to every single tweet the club makes with your demands and you don't even get a bicep emoji back.

Where do we stand on leaving a player up at opposition corners? Anybody tweeted the club about it?

It drives me nuts but I heard Alexander justifying it as we've lost less than the average number of goals from corners.
If we have someone who can carry the ball for distance on the break, like Watt/Scott/Cadden and even Grimshaw did at one point, we can get away with not having someone up, but we don't really have anyone like that now.

Maybe I can tweet for the leaving a man up, and write a letter for getting someone to run with the ball, and see what works.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Where do we stand on leaving a player up at opposition corners? Anybody tweeted the club about it?

It drives me nuts but I heard Alexander justifying it as we've lost less than the average number of goals from corners.

Surely if Tierney is on he is no use in our box, get him up the park.  I actually thought this was a role tailor made for Woolery, remember him?

11 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I enjoy it purely because everyone in the hunter goes absolutely mental shouting for someone to get up the park. 

11 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

the very same question was put to the Rotherham Manager the other day, apparently they don't leave anyone up at corners. His response was 'show me your ten favourite goals that have come from defending a corner' 

He also said the more players you have in the box, the more congested it is, and therefore harder for the opposition to score which is absolutely fair enough. 

1 minute ago, Neil86 said:

His response was 'show me your ten favourite goals that have come from defending a corner' 

Jonny Page v Aalesunds
Jake Hastie v Livingston
Mazinga v Saints
Danny Johnson v Aberdeen
Pearson v County
Marvin v ICT

3 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Jonny Page v Aalesunds
Jake Hastie v Livingston
Mazinga v Saints
Danny Johnson v Aberdeen
Pearson v County
Marvin v ICT

you know something, that was impressive !! The Hastie one was a cracker as well. The Marvin Johnson won me £400.00 on a coupon, went into game and bought an Xbox 5 minutes later.

fwiw, i've never bothered too much about it. Just happened to see the Rotherham thing and give something to distract from the nerves tonight.

13 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

you know something, that was impressive !! The Hastie one was a cracker as well. The Marvin Johnson won me £400.00 on a coupon, went into game and bought an Xbox 5 minutes later.

fwiw, i've never bothered too much about it. Just happened to see the Rotherham thing and give something to distract from the nerves tonight.

Oh I know.

It's, again, something that wouldn't bother me, but given we never, ever look like scoring ever again, it will continue to annoy me.