Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

42 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Scott Burns says we might be signing a player this week, wooo.

Bet he's shite.

Not interested unless he signs before Thursday and he is capable of scoring hat-tricks on his debut.

Edited by Kapowzer

Really should have saved the video for that the last time I found it. Pure sensible soccer stuff, found a glitch and exploited it, then someone turned the game difficulty up to the middle level the next game and he was fucked.

There we are

Love that he gets manhandled in every celebration because he's so wee.

5 hours ago, rowsdower said:

Really should have saved the video for that the last time I found it. Pure sensible soccer stuff, found a glitch and exploited it, then someone turned the game difficulty up to the middle level the next game and he was fucked.

There we are

Love that he gets manhandled in every celebration because he's so wee.

Did I imagine this wrong or was the first thing he did not to hit a free kick from 40+ yards that clipped the bar?

Also wiki has him down for 10 appearances for us. I always thought he played that game and one more and that was it. 

18 minutes ago, Blink182 said:

Did I imagine this wrong or was the first thing he did not to hit a free kick from 40+ yards that clipped the bar?

Also wiki has him down for 10 appearances for us. I always thought he played that game and one more and that was it. 

I can't mind if he actually hit the woodwork but he certainly lined up a free kick from nearer the halfway line than the goal to widespread hilarity...and got a grudging whistle of appreciation for the attempt.

21 minutes ago, Blink182 said:

Yeah, I recall him hitting the bar with a free kick with probably his first touch.

I recall him playing a handful of matches and offering next to nothing, so 10 wouldn’t be unlikely.

6 hours ago, wellboy1991 said:

Interesting re a signing this week. I can’t see it but would like to be proven wrong. 

Why not? We were aiming for 5-6 players and have only signed three, you'd be surprised if we don't get another few before the window closes.

9 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Not interested unless he signs before Thursday and he is capable of scoring hat-tricks on his debut.

This is purely from football manager, and could be miles out but If he wasn't registered in time for the first leg I don't think he can play the second. Happy to be told I am very wrong though.

6 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Do we really need another keeper if we’ve extended Scott Fox’s deal?

It depends on your risk tolerance... assuming we're not breaking the bank I'd definitely consider it worth it even if it turned out to be money 'wasted'.

5 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Why not? We were aiming for 5-6 players and have only signed three, you'd be surprised if we don't get another few before the window closes.

Dec was a mainstay for me and multiple man of the match winner (do we call it that now?) in FM21, I take that game with a pinch of salt.

Do UEFA not appreciate there’s 1,500 Dossers already banking on a trip to Prague and 20p pints?

Granted the authorities aren’t thrilled at the prospect of a group labelled the SS showing up, seems they have previous in that city.

1 hour ago, Well Well said:

I think that trial keeper has now gone. 

About to be signed on a permanent deal by all accounts, with Connelly heading back out on loan. 

Also KVV has signed a new deal as well apparently. 

Edited by Casagolda

2 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I'm not unhappy with either of those bits of business tbh but if I were the new Motherwell media team I wouldn't be making a song and dance about them this week.

I hope the announcement picture is done on MS Paint now we've nae media folk.