Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

21 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I’ll save my seethe till full time, but Jesus Christ lads.

There's times you fucking hate Motherwell.

We sold Watt seven months ago, going into a crucial money spinning tie with a blatantly unfit KVV lumbering around is a head should roll offence should we not turn this round.

Fucksake - that was played with the eye bleeding shite we had last season but with all the intensity of a pre-season friendly.  As per usual, zero cutting edge and it's clear that unless KVV is firing then we've got next to no attacking threat.  

Aside from a good fifteen/twenty mins or so at the end of the first half we never looked like getting anything from that at all.

As a positive - and I'm only considering this because I'm on holiday - all three of the newbies looked half decent, and Tierney again was an improvement when he came on.  

6 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I’ve got new season optimism now. This is our year lads.

Coughs.

That was absolutely shocking. We're very, very lucky still to be in it.

It's been 10 years since Athens, if we f**k this it'll be a long, long time to forgive. 

GA is probably do or die next week - we obviously won't sack him on the Friday morning if we lose but it's a matter of time.

One of the biggest purely hone crowds in decades.

And that's what we turn up with? Van veen was obviously not fit but the lack of movement, thinking or attention is shocking. I severely doubt we will even score in Ireland.

We're a very easy team to deal with. I thought the new guys were decent, but everyone was a yard off the pace, and we look like we are going to spend the season relying on set pieces.

I thought Sligo gave us too much respect, they really could have kept pushing after that goal. They payed some nice football and moved the ball quickly when they had it, while we were telegraphing every move and dossing about like it was a nothing game.

3 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

We lost to Llanelli back in the day. I'd put that as the worst, but this one is up there.

Initial thoughts on it would be 

1 Llanelli 

2 Stjarnan

3 Mypa

4 This

5 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

We're a very easy team to deal with. I thought the new guys were decent, but everyone was a yard off the pace, and we look like we are going to spend the season relying on set pieces.

I thought Sligo gave us too much respect, they really could have kept pushing after that goal. They payed some nice football and moved the ball quickly when they had it, while we were telegraphing every move and dossing about like it was a nothing game.

Yeah, I had the impression Sligo turned up thinking we'd be much better than them, in truth the opposite was the case and had they gone for it they'd surely have been further ahead. On the other hand, we never looked like scoring, they made the vast majority of the good chances and even with their plan should have been out of sight so who are we to question.

Worth pointing out that Sligo have lost their last two games against part-timers without scoring, turned up at Fir Park and absolutely dicked us. It's one thing saying we're staying calm on signings but christ we need to get bodies in or this is going to be a brutal, brutal season.

Just now, MP_MFC said:

Initial thoughts on it would be 

1 Llanelli 

2 Stjarnan

3 Mypa

4 This

This wasn't quite the humiliation of Llanelli but it's a comfortable number two for me. We missed a sitter to go 3-0 v Stjarnen and had a stonewall penalty for 3-1 turned down before they levelled at FP...MyPa clearly had a couple of stars in their team and mugged us when it was a novelty for Scottish sides to play in July.

Oh, and I think we used all of our luck with that early miss from them and the stonewall penalty Carroll got away with.

Sligo will be nervous next week, but if we don't get something in the first 10-15 mins, they will be able to start managing the game and frustrating us. 

17 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

One of the biggest purely hone crowds in decades.

And that's what we turn up with? Van veen was obviously not fit but the lack of movement, thinking or attention is shocking. I severely doubt we will even score in Ireland.

I'd be worried about the counter attack. Simple balls over the top were doing you in.