Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

15 minutes ago, Al B said:

Just looking at the latest training photos there. Controversial I know...but those training tops are absolutely rank rotten 😐

I'm with you, not a fan.

On the subject of kit, I see Burrows basically telling one of his Twitter reply guys that the away kit reveal will be tomorrow at 5pm.

9 hours ago, capt_oats said:

We've currently got Cornelius (who was in Hibs academy before ours) and Maguire in the first team. Again, it was barely mentioned at the time but Sam Campbell was a target for both Leeds and Liverpool, he apparently spoke to both and we had reportedly agreed a fee, but he's still at the club and popped up on the bench a couple of times at the tail end of last season.

I often see Cornelius credited to Hibs’ academy but am sure he was actually with us first, went to Hibs for a year or two before returning to us. Bit of a moot point really but would like it if someone could corroborate so I know if I’m talking pish or not. 

14 minutes ago, stu92 said:

I often see Cornelius credited to Hibs’ academy but am sure he was actually with us first, went to Hibs for a year or two before returning to us. Bit of a moot point really but would like it if someone could corroborate so I know if I’m talking pish or not. 

Talking pish I’m afraid. Mini Steelmen then Community where there was no pathway at the time. 

I'm with you, not a fan.
On the subject of kit, I see Burrows basically telling one of his Twitter reply guys that the away kit reveal will be tomorrow at 5pm.

With the home top being fairly heavy on the claret, do we reckon it’s going to be a white/black/petrol blue effort this year?

5 hours ago, one m in Motherwell said:

Hawd on. Japanese and Faroese folk? That’s the kind of rumour we need, rather than Morecambe cast offs. Paisley’s down the road, get him redirected.

Yeah this is very much my speed. Sack the Faroese laddie, bring us more Japanese laddies please. 

1 hour ago, dezz said:

With the home top being fairly heavy on the claret, do we reckon it’s going to be a white/black/petrol blue effort this year?

Last seasons generic, Livi-esque effort was poor, and don't see it being black again. I do like a crisp white effort, with simple but well done claret and amber detail.

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

Talking pish I’m afraid. Mini Steelmen then Community where there was no pathway at the time. 

Thanks for clarifying, I knew I hadn’t made it up entirely but must’ve just built MS/community into something more than it was in my head. 

7 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

Last seasons generic, Livi-esque effort was poor, and don't see it being black again. I do like a crisp white effort, with simple but well done claret and amber detail.

Purely because both our kits are made by Macron I could see us maybe having something similar to the Crystal Palace away kit. I'm not saying I want that as the away kit, but I can just see it happening. The fact Palace are sponsored by Cinch is just an added bonus 😅

Crystal Palace 22-23 Home Kit (2).jpg

Aye, I’m generally not a fan of black kits for us, aside from the Skippy Sunday one because I’m a sucker for a sash (big team found etc.). The fact that Craig Reid day was played out in that horrific black training top looking thing still annoys me.

Crisp white is that way to go.

We've been with Macron since 14/15 and this is how we've rotated the away shirts in the last 10 years or so:

21/22 - Black
20/21 - Petrol Blue
19/20 - White
18/19 - Claret
17/18 - Black
16/17 - Denim Blue
15/16 - Claret
14/15 - White
13/14 - Black (Puma)
12/13 - Petrol Blue (Puma)
11/12 - Silver (Puma)

Edited by capt_oats

34 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

We've been with Macron since 14/15 and this is how we've rotated the away shirts in the last 10 years or so:

21/22 - Black
20/21 - Petrol Blue
19/20 - White
18/19 - Claret
17/18 - Black
16/17 - Denim Blue
15/16 - Claret
14/15 - White
13/14 - Black (Puma)
12/13 - Petrol Blue (Puma)
11/12 - Silver (Puma)

I doubt they will go with claret with how the home top is mostly claret this season. I would assume white would be the obvious choice based on this rotation but we will find out this week. Hopefully.

Edited by Phillips455

13 hours ago, 'WellDel said:

👀