Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

McGinley as well I guess.

It always feels a bit weird that we seem to have forced him into being a left back when he said that he sees himself as a CB and IIRC even Robinson admitted that's where we signed him to play.

It was only on account of injuries and Robinson fucking up our squad balance that meant big Toby ended up getting an extended run at LB.

I genuinely find that a wee bit surprising, as the season before he joined us (and at various other points in his career, according to WyScout at least) he seems to have been deployed there quite a bit.

17 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I genuinely find that a wee bit surprising, as the season before he joined us (and at various other points in his career, according to WyScout at least) he seems to have been deployed there quite a bit.

You genuinely had me second guessing myself there but aye, here's the Robinson quote:

"We brought Ricki Lamie and Nathan McGinley in as centre-backs. But we have had to use them at left-back as we expected Jake to be back a lot sooner.

I thought we would have him back by early September but I have had to ask people to do jobs, especially Ricki, who is an out-and-out centre-back. Nathan’s also more of a centre-back."

Link

Edited by capt_oats

10 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Change of plan.  McGinn to Tanadice. 

Probably makes sense with Jack Ross in charge.

I assume McGinn was with Hibs while Ross was Gaffer.

They can beat our wage offer as proven with T Watt. 

Ah well…you don’t miss what you don’t have or something like that..

Just now, welldaft said:

Probably makes sense with Jack Ross in charge.

Ah well…you don’t miss what you don’t have or something like that..

Had McGinn at St Mirren and Hibs, yeah.  I think he will end up with a coaching role role into the bargain. 

57 minutes ago, Zing. said:

I don’t think that’s right. Seeing it reported he’s having a medical at Motherwell.

Reported in Football Insider. Not sure how accurate or not that site is.

I completely forgot he was capped for Scotland last year in a  1-0 win v Austria. 

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

Could there be a chance that SOD is on the move and they're looking at getting McGinn in as a direct replacement?

SOD couldn't get a move worth taking when leaving Killie on a high for free, he's surely not going to find someone to buy him now.

2 hours ago, welldaft said:

Obviously he is a Well player now, but to clarify on the 2nd point above - Motherwell are paying him a decent salary. You tried to get him on a PCA in Jan with a higher salary on offer than he was on at Hibs.................

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Obviously he is a Well player now, but to clarify on the 2nd point above - Motherwell are paying him a decent salary. You tried to get him on a PCA in Jan with a higher salary on offer than he was on at Hibs.................

Still to be confirmed.

I doubt we would be paying more than Hibs. I mean you guys were reportedly paying Mueller £8-10k per week 😱. Wage bill will be double ours at least. Anyway we shall see if it comes off or not.