Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

17 minutes ago, For Your Pies Only said:

The Millenium/Principality Stadium is available on the original date...

A venue befitting Scotland's 4th most hated (&most massive) club

On 30/01/2022 at 04:47, Captain Saintsible said:

Outside the Old Firm and Hearts, is there a more despised club in Scottish football than Motherwell?

Maybe Airdrie, but apart from them 

Did we decide we were 4th equal with Airdrie?

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Did we decide we were 4th equal with Airdrie?

Why we're quite so despised I have no idea, but I fucking love it.

We'll never top the Glasgow pair, and Airdrie are a 3rd tier irrelevance. The aim must be to usurp Hearts, despicable as they are, and leapfrog them into 3rd and our rightful place as best of the rest in the c**t stakes. If nothing else, I think Alexander is exactly the right man to help us achieve this particular, lofty ambition. 

3 hours ago, Neil86 said:

Anyone else want Bala to win for a laugh?

I've been to Ireland but not Wales, so aye, I wouldn't mind it. Also easier to get a ticket presumably because half our fanbase seem to have booked non-refundable accommodation in Sligo apparently. 

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I can understand us having to move the fixture if Bala use TNS's ground and they're also playing but I don't get why Newtown playing has any influence.

Maybe they want to use the TNS ground as well? 

3 hours ago, rowsdower said:

Maybe we can play our home game against Sligo at TNSs ground too, and everyone can go to both countries.

If our pitch isn’t ready we should definitely switch to TNS

2 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Why are we playing on the Saturday when we have an away European game on the Thursday?????

Surely that will be moved? If they can't even get a simple issue like that resolved then what else is wrong with the fixtures?

It will be moved

A very Meh fixture list, I look for the first day of the season, when we have the Edinburgh teams away from home and the run in to the split.

the Run into the split looks a tough one however we do well to avoid to Hibs, Hearts, Celtic and rangers until game 8 this season, a chance to build some momentum going into those games.

Rangers away between Christmas and new year is a bit shite.

The perfect opening day and a great start, conversely if we don't put points on the board GA will be under mega pressure by the end of August...such is life.

The stretch from mid-September to mid-November also screams winless run.

I actually think we'll be fine going into that but easy to be optimistic when there's no games being played!

That news of another change to the game is another shambles from the club. Dunno how nobody sees that. Announcing the game was definitely a day and then an hour or so later saying it might not be. They will have known.

Ah, seems that the St Mirren vs Motherwell fixture is included in the notes section

St Mirren v Motherwell on the opening weekend is likely to move to Sunday July 31, pending fixture confirmation from UEFA of the dates of Motherwell’s Europa Conference League QR2 ties