Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

43 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
2 hours ago, capt_oats said:
Jimmy Scott and Jamie Murphy leaving Hibs. Scott obvs going back to Hull where I doubt he has much of a future.
Bring him home.
IMG_7440.thumb.jpg.2078f05f336daf5e395ed1e06719894d.jpg

I know it's become a bit of a running joke but Scott is another I wouldn't be shocked to see end up at St Mirren.

Definitely - Robinson is even lurking about suspiciously in the background.

Edited by steelman1991

5 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

At no point did that happen though.  We never went more than 2 games in 2022 without winning or drawing...  

Maybe I should have been clearer, it obviously wasn't the case that we never picked up any points, simply that we never picked up many.

Of the 13 league games post winter break to split we were W - 1 , D - 6 , L - 6. and the performances were brutal, unaided by the constant chopping and changing of personnel. 9 from 39 was hardly a great return and questions were rightly being asked.

5 hours ago, ropy said:

The thing is we were safely in the top six with a 2-0 defeat that day and then Ross County got an 86th minute penalty at Aberdeen and it all changed, we were only bottom feeders for 4 minutes plus stoppage time.  We used that tune to reclaim our place.

Yes, but County did get the penalty, and it did change. At no time were we safe, as there was always the potential for it to happen and until Lamie got the equaliser, no matter how brief the period, top 6 was fucked and for Alexander the pressure still potentially on.

Absolutely no desire to reopen any debate on a season I'd rather forget, just my personal opinion. I'll just gladly accept and remember the European place (and hopefully be drawn a couple of decent ties), rather than the football that got us there.

14 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

My daily search for motherwell on Twitter brought up a link between us and Ipswich striker James Norwood.

It also brought up a load of shite jokes and paintings.

Saw it earlier too. Also saw that the account punting it has 6 followers and a broader Google search would suggest that despite SpflNews32's claim there are in fact no "reports in England" reporting it as a story.

My regular search has definitely expanded my knowledge when it comes to abstract expressionism as well.

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

My regular search has definitely expanded my knowledge when it comes to abstract expressionism as well.

And a fairly rough looking South African township.

18 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf they can't win unless results change.

Stick doing the same things in a winless run and your stubborn and tactically naive. Try different things in a winless run and you're desperate and just chucking shit at the wall.

Of course but afterwards had GA stayed calm his case of it was fine margins, I told you it'd be ok would be much stronger...what he produced in Perth in the 2-1 game was the equivalent of him screaming OH FUCKING CHRIST when an aeroplane hits turbulence then telling the guy next to him 'I told you there was nothing to worry about' when it settles.

I just think his wee retrospective of the season would be much fairer and fans would be much more reassured if he at least acknowledged his role/the fact it wasn't just some results going against us which caused the alarm.

22 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Of course but afterwards had GA stayed calm his case of it was fine margins, I told you it'd be ok would be much stronger...what he produced in Perth in the 2-1 game was the equivalent of him screaming OH FUCKING CHRIST when an aeroplane hits turbulence then telling the guy next to him 'I told you there was nothing to worry about' when it settles.

I just think his wee retrospective of the season would be much fairer and fans would be much more reassured if he at least acknowledged his role/the fact it wasn't just some results going against us which caused the alarm.

Tbf you shouldve won that game. A marginal miss to win it after a tactical change swung the gane your way, then Hendry scores from absolutely nothing.

Edited by RandomGuy.

37 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I can't make my mind up whether the price tag or Aberdeen thinking he's going to improve them is more hilarious.

Both are at the more optimistic/hopeful end of the scale, surely.

There's no doubt he's a top lad, but as a footballer when fit he would probably, at this level, fall into the serviceable department?

At his peak with us his pace and recovery made up for his many defensive deficiencies, but now pushing 30 and with his injury history, there's every chance that's on the wane and could leave him more exposed/vulnerable. 

Good luck to him anyway, one of the good guys and I hope he gets his move and a decent payday, and if he spends 90% of his time on the Pittodrie treatment table, for him it would still be very lucrative and for Aberdeen, well that would just be a wee shame wouldn't it?

You'd assume a new manager looking for improvement would be aiming a bit higher, more around peak Dec level when he was getting deserved caps. I think Goodwin will persevere with Gallagher in the hope he rediscovers that form but if Dunne is the answer then I don't know what Aberdeen's question is.