Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

An idle thought, unless we only picked up on Spittal now - unlikely - we could presumably have made life awkward for County by announcing him as a PCA at a crucial time of the season.  Nice to see us behaving well and also hat tip to him, I don't remember anyone questioning him at all in the run in.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I see there was another pitch update yesterday.

Other folk care about signings and new strips but I'm pathetically looking forward to the feature length documentary on this pitch refurb - it'll be the highlight of the close season for me.

<opening fixed shot of the pitch with ambient background noise - a digger rolls by - Paul Mathew talks about clay for 15 minutes straight>

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Swello said:

<opening fixed shot of the pitch with ambient background noise - a digger rolls by - Paul Mathew talks about clay for 15 minutes straight>

giphy.gif

Craig and his wind assisted wonder goal?

3 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I forgot how many close moments we had in that first leg. George doesn’t get enough credit.

Lionel’s goal will forever be a thing of beauty.

That crack when it hits the rigging. 

Superb.

2 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

George doesn’t get enough credit.

He gets exactly the credit he deserves, imo.

That said, breaking Kenny Miller in two like a flick-knife will always raise a smile.

2 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I know this sounds greedy but he should have made it 4!

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

If there's a regret from those games that's it, it was an absolute sitter and at that point we'd have been looking for five or six...

Say this every time it's mentioned but if he had burst the net Ibrox would have emptied there and then. Would have been glorious.

I remember thinking that 3-1 was a good score because there would be no complacency, then turning up on the Sunday realising that an early goal against could see us crumble.

Goal no. 5 gave me a bit of confidence.

There’s Allan Campbell called up to the Scotland squad replacing Ryan Jack who’s injured, which is a blow from a Scotland perspective… Wee Al though [emoji7]

5 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I know this sounds greedy but he should have made it 4!

As someone who had a few quid on Erwin first goal & 4-0 Motherwell, I concur. 

1 hour ago, dezz said:

There’s Allan Campbell called up to the Scotland squad replacing Ryan Jack who’s injured, which is a blow from a Scotland perspective… Wee Al though emoji7.png

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/international/scotland-rocked-by-ryan-jack-injury-blow-as-luton-town-midfielder-called-up-plus-nathan-patterson-injury-update-3712957