Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

10 minutes ago, welldaft said:

He was also one of the few non old firm players to feature in the Terrace podcast top 12 attacking midfielders. Along with Ross Tierney as it happens. 

That top though 😍😍😍😍

Wouldn't listen to they c***s tbh

Have a feeling Spittal will end up being a better signing for us than whoever gets Charles-Cooke.

19 minutes ago, welldaft said:

He was also one of the few non old firm players to feature in the Terrace podcast top 12 attacking midfielders. Along with Ross Tierney as it happens. 

That top though 😍😍😍😍

4 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

They dissed Van Veen, they're dead to me.

Hopefully Ryan can console Keith. 

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

10 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Because ? 
I only started listening this week as it happens. 

Graeme is joking. They are a good listen and usually good value. Graeme is part of them and one of my faves on their shows being a 'Well fan n that.

Sked's opinions are fucking wild though.

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Graeme is joking. They are a good listen and usually good value. Graeme is part of them and one of my faves on their shows being a 'Well fan n that.

200.gif

34 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Finishing 5th and ending up in Europe after Sked's incredulity in the preview pod at the suggestion that it *might* be possible to finish 6th if things went our way is exactly the kind of small victory I'm here for tbh.

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

Overall I like the terrace, even though they seem reall keen for me to shave my baws. They do overrate the Edinburgh teams though. I listen to the lower league shows as well, in preparation for us ever ending up there. Their review one good for the wrestling stuff if that's your thing.

I've been giving our own podcast a wide berth lately though, it's gotten a bit repetitive and stale. Watching our games was depressing enough. Hopefully they get their spark back, as the banter is a good homesickness antidote for exiles like me.

20 minutes ago, Yorky said:

A signing that splits opinion, Ross County fans seem to rate him, Motherwell supporters very underwhelmed.   

He seems to have had a solid season at County, no doubt, but I think perhaps because he's been around the Scottish game for a good few years now, and previous to last season had pinged about between the lower reaches of the Premier and the Championship, folk are more cautiously optimistic than outright excited by his signing.

He's 26 and should be heading into his prime years while here, so hopefully he can build on last season and become a key player for us. 

28 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

He's 26 and should be heading into his prime years while here, so hopefully he can build on last season and become a key player for us. 

This was the biggest surprise for me, I just assume anyone that's been around this long must be pushing 30. 

I think it's a very sensible signing, and I'm happy with him arriving. We spent a bunch of time last year bedding in guys to the league. Bringing in players who are a decent standard and already know what they're doing here seems wise.

Lewis Ferguson is *22*, somehow.

@capt_oats did I ever get back to you about Spittal on here? My memories frazzled 😂

WyScout being oddballs means hes solely losted as a CM with how I do it, so this is him as a CM with the caveat playing on a wing sometimes will boost certain scores above an average CM.

oats.thumb.png.773fdcc44e60fdb703158efd34f2480f.png

I'd be surprised if Spittal is a revolutionary signing but in theory some known quantities who are good players at clubs half a level below us should definitely boost the squad. Certainly not unhappy with him until his first poor 45 mins in pre-season.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

Aye, I mean, we're not going to see a bump in season ticket sales because we've signed Blair Spittal but taking everything into account - his age, the area of the park he plays, the fact he's a known quantity and is coming off the back of a good season with a team who eventually bedded into a Top 6 place means that as @thisGRAEME says it just feels like an entirely sensible signing.

The fact that @RandomGuy.'s radar has him showing good creative/progressive numbers (cheers RG) suggests it's a step towards addressing an issue that had entire sections of Motherwell Twitter wildly bent out of shape. 

To roll back to a point @Handsome_Devil made a while ago, this feels pretty much on the money:

On 18/05/2022 at 23:43, Handsome_Devil said:

Essentially the group of our fans determined we should sign players from Scotland can have nothing to complain about, I would suggest he is as good as we could get in that category.

Similarly we're probably as good as he can get too so wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

Fwiw, it seems we were in for him when he was at Queens Park.

Edited by capt_oats

4 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I'd be surprised if Spittal is a revolutionary signing but in theory some known quantities who are good players at clubs half a level below us should definitely boost the squad. Certainly not unhappy with him until his first poor 45 mins in pre-season.

Most County fans I know rate Spittal and I have to say he’s played well when I’ve seen him and I would have liked him to stay on. For some reason he’s never been a serial starter.  Not sure of the stats but certainly has come on as a sub a lot more than I would have liked. Intelligent player with a good shot, should get you a few goals from the edge of the box. If nothing else he’ll be a good squad player but I think could be better than that.