Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I’ve seen stinkin Lamie and slightly ok Lamie. I’d much rather we bin the full back 4. 
We finished in the European places with -19 GD. 
I know we took some sore yins aff the arse cheeks but we were also brutal against everyone else in one game or another after Christmas.  🤦‍♂️  
When Mugabi is yer centre back/rightback/striker…. I’d say we need a good clear out 🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Just copied that myself to see you posted it. Seems the peculiarity extends to however researched wrote that piece of crazy talk fake news.

Probably written by the same person who had Goss in team of the week that time he made an 8 minute cameo...

10 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Just copied that myself to see you posted it. Seems the peculiarity extends to however researched wrote that piece of crazy talk fake news.

They'll have based it off their stupid fan vote they have for MOM in every match, which generally just exists so Old Firm fans can vote for players they recognise.

It's just a promo piece that's part of the mutually beneficial relationships between agents and journalists. These genuinely published and verifiable articles will be part of a pack that the agent puts out to Goss' potential future employers when the time comes. None of whom will have the slightest clue what fans actually thought of the player at the time.

They'll have based it off their stupid fan vote they have for MOM in every match, which generally just exists so Old Firm fans can vote for players they recognise.
I commented on our match thread against Livi that it had our highest scoring player as someone (can't remember who) that only came on in injury time.

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The bizarre thing is that *any* time I looked at that thing - Goss was always MOTM, even if he was totally anonymous - I would love to see the number of actual votes that were being counted.

I guess if there is a Man United Vs Chelsea game on, they'll get huge numbers of votes from "supporters" from all over the place and so the results have a chance of being vaguely meaningful - but in a Motherwell-Livi game the votes of a players' Agent, Sister and Ma would be enough to win it.

9 minutes ago, Swello said:

The bizarre thing is that *any* time I looked at that thing - Goss was always MOTM, even if he was totally anonymous - I would love to see the number of actual votes that were being counted.

I guess if there is a Man United Vs Chelsea game on, they'll get huge numbers of votes from "supporters" from all over the place and so the results have a chance of being vaguely meaningful - but in a Motherwell-Livi game the votes of a players' Agent, Sister and Ma would be enough to win it.

I've always reckoned it's teams with big fanbases full of odballs that spam votes for any ex-player they recognise, with Goss having Man United and Rangers in his corner.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've contacted the BBC a few times asking them to do away with that pointless shite, or at least to move it to the bottom of the match update page where it can be more easily ignored by the vast majority of people who're interested in the actual game. Needless to say, I never got so much as an acknowledgement.

No doubt some Marketing wonk has told the BBC they need to be driving customer engagement via interactive features, and the c**ts think they're Facebook now.

Kind of related but re: Alexander's comment about looking at "structure" here's where we are with the squad as a 4231 - element of rearranging deckchairs etc but with this and the 3412 it explains why Spittal might be a thing as there's a space in the #10 for both shapes.

lineup.png.01706d2a3579e88745d27efd562a2f9b.png

Speaking to the defensive side of things, I suppose it's worth mentioning that at the winter break our GD was *only* -2 (including the 1-6 scudding we took off Rangers).

I mean, don't get me wrong 27 conceded was still 4th worst but it was still only 4 and 5 more than United and Hibs at that point. Things really went off the rails post-break when we were scoring fewer and conceding more frequently.

295118500_ScreenShot2022-05-25at10_18_37.thumb.png.17778dc501196c316c3a946ff79ba4e9.png

Edited by capt_oats