Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, Swello said:

Certainly one of the best accents ever to grace Claret & Amber. 

Lies.  The big man below had this title in the bag.

motherwellfc kipre GIF

5 hours ago, steelmen said:

Bit gutted to see the wall has been removed, that’s been there longer than I’ve been going to games.

Great recent moments in the history of the wall, feel free to add your own memories.

Craigan opening the gates to take a long throw to send us into the top six against kliie

Lee McCulloch comes over to retrieve a ball next to the wall but is hit in the face by a flag waving fan, to date the assailant remains at large

Tony Watt scores a late winner and jumps on the wall in celebration. Due to the top class celebration Watt does not get a yellow for going into the crowd

2 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Great recent moments in the history of the wall, feel free to add your own memories.

Craigan opening the gates to take a long throw to send us into the top six against kliie

Lee McCulloch comes over to retrieve a ball next to the wall but is hit in the face by a flag waving fan, to date the assailant remains at large

Tony Watt scores a late winner and jumps on the wall in celebration. Due to the top class celebration Watt does not get a yellow for going into the crowd

Along with a lot of others, I jumped over the wall to run onto the Fir Park pitch (for the only time) after the Van Der Gaag game - happy days.

12 minutes ago, Casagolda said:
A decent player who seems to have had a good season in Dingwall, is he an upgrade on what he have? 

I had a feeling we were linked with him ages ago and a quick search suggests it was back in the summer of 17 when we were also linked with erm...Willo Flood (which was always a nonsense).

Anyway the consensus seemed to be very much that Blair Spittal is a shitebag.

That said, here he is pinging one in top bins and calling United fans "fucking c***s" so ngl I'm warming to this version...

giphy.gif

He can also hit a free kick s/o Russell Griffiths and his poppadom wrists.

Edited by capt_oats

No idea but going only on his stats he'd be the second top scorer in our squad, chipped in a fair few assists and County fans seem to think he's really come onto a game this season.

Essentially the group of our fans determined we should sign players from Scotland can have nothing to complain about, I would suggest he is as good as we could get in that category.

Similarly we're probably as good as he can get too so wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

I always thought he was shite tbh but haven’t seen him the season just past, so would be unfair to judge really. If County fans think he’s improved then that’s positive. The first piece in the jigsaw of Alexander’s free flowing expansive football for next season, maybe. 

Edited by Londonwell

Tbh, I don't think the issue with Spittal has ever been that he's *shite* it's more he's had developed a tag of being somewhat pea hearted. Which may, or may not, have been a reputation he picked up from being in that United team that was relegated.

The way I see it is - is he better than the players we're losing / is he an upgrade on what we have?

So;

• is he better than Roberts/Amaluzor? Yes
  • is he better than Joe Efford/Connor Shields? Also, Yes.

A broader question is, is he better than Tony Watt, to which the answer is 'probably not' but from the bits and pieces I've seen in clips on YouTube he feels like a similar type of player. I don't know if @RandomGuy. is still doing his radar graphs but it'd be interesting to see how Spittal compared with Watt last season.

He also offers very good set piece delivery and can ping in free kicks.

Like others I can really only go on what County fans have been saying and it seems like he's coming off the back of a good season where's he's captained their side on occasion.

I mean, he's hardly a marquee signing but picking up a player from another team in the league who has been performing well and offers something that we've been missing seems like a good enough start IMO.

Edited by capt_oats