Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, Phillips455 said:

Well, just to add to the Euro chat, we could end up playing a team in Europe for a second time (Breiðablik). That would be a first.

I went to the away tie v Breidablik. Which is why I chose not to go to Stjarnan. 

I would rather avoid Iceland or Faroes. But I would choose to go just in case we lost again. Don’t think I can wait for another 10 years for an away Euro trip 🙈

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Ah my apologies, I just assumed they were all in that white zone.

I can't fathom why the Polish league has such a low co-efficient, Looking at Wikipedia, Lech Poznan who won it start at CL round 1 too. Just seems at odds with their national team which appear to be at most finals, granted they have the best striker in Europe who plays in Germany. Surely the Polish league isn't like Brazil where the vast majority of the national team play abroad?

58 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Well, just to add to the Euro chat, we could end up playing a team in Europe for a second time (Breiðablik). That would be a first.

Also our old friends HB Torshavn - or Havnar Boltfelag as they were known when they played us. Actually brought a decent following to Fir Park too. I couldn't afford the trip in those days - but I'd be up for the Faroes now.

Edited by Swello

34 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Is Tom Hateley not an Ekstraklasa winner?

26 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Ojamaa too

Yeah, both at different clubs 5 years apart. Henrik's stats are woeful when you see them. Tom Hateley has spent 5 years in Poland trying to score from corners.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

In that respect GA's right to point out that the league runs August to May not January to April.

Like yourself, I'm completely on board with that. I've even surprised myself by being kinda excited to see where he can take this team. 

However, using the old cliche that the league is a marathon not a sprint, Alexander nailed the first 15 miles then spent the rest of the race tripping over his shoelaces, at times even making bizarre footwear selections (clown shoes, stilettos) and making mad unnecessary detours. All the while the fans on the sidelines were asking what on earth was going on, and he was just yelling something largely incomprehensible back about character, desire and belief.

Thankfully almost every other runner behind him was doing the same, and a few had to do a Paula Radcliffe and stop for a shite half-way (alright, my analogy is falling apart here - that's a reference to the clubs launching Shaun Maloney, Stephen Glass and James McPake).

I think at the very least I'd be hoping for some insight into what the last 5 months were all about. I know it's something we'll never get as fans, to my constant frustration he's just not candid in the slightest but thankfully I've got trust in those running the club - if the board are satisfied with his explanation then so am I. 

A wee shoutout for Deano btw.

Quietly worked his way into the team. 17 appearances by the end of the season - 14 of them starts.

Also, confirmed that Hinchliffe's away to United to be their GK coach.

Edited by capt_oats

This summer, I hope Alexander listens to the advice provided by The Thread Scouting NetworkTM and we get some more nordic gods, players with high xWeird stats and Nadir Ciftci.

Trying to arrange holidays for this Conference League. 

Would it go..

2nd Qualifying Round - Seeded - Away leg 1st (July 21st)

3rd Qualifying Round - Unseeded - Away leg 2nd (August 11th)

Playoff Round - Unseeded - Away leg 2nd (August 25th)

??????

58 minutes ago, Rod said:

This summer, I hope Alexander listens to the advice provided by The Thread Scouting NetworkTM and we get some more nordic gods, players with high xWeird stats and Nadir Ciftci.

You can take Ciftci tonight if you want, we'll start the bidding at £100k, but will be willing to pay up to £200k.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

You can take Ciftci tonight if you want, we'll start the bidding at £100k, but will be willing to pay up to £200k.

Would consider it for £400k, but your chairman sold Ali McCann on the cheap.

6 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Would consider it for £400k

Deal!

We'll send the money over tonight and you can get on with negotiating with the player.

Edited by RandomGuy.

26 minutes ago, superwellfan said:

Would it go..

??????

Afaik being (un)seeded makes no difference to the order of home/away in the ties.

1 hour ago, superwellfan said:

Would it go..

??????

The home/away leg is random and decided during the draw. It could be either date.

I am just reading this thread as I received a text to say 
“Your new passport has been printed, and will be transferred to our delivery supplier in the next few days. When it's ready for delivery, they will contact you with a tracking reference.” 
Delighted as I only applied a few weeks ago after reading stories of 10 weeks +. Let’s hope I get a chance to use it assuming we get a Welsh or NI side in QR2. 
This gives me hope as I've just renewed mine today, old passport off in the post tomorrow.