Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I will be all over this. I missed Levante and Athens and with covid ruining the last 2 years I am determined to make up for lost time. Bring it on!

Cancel that, I’m on holiday on the q2 dates [emoji23].

5 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Athens was just surreal. Despite being a massive city it felt like there were sunburnt c***s from Lanarkshire everywhere.

We found an open air hiphop night club. What a night.

About 5 of us literally just went on holiday for a week afore the fitba.

Edited by Busta Nut

Have it on good authority a number of players did not leave the building until 3am and were on the park with beers and the floodlights on for a kickabout.

That's the one's that didn't go onto the house party in honour of Las ..... that ended at 6am.

Yasssssssss

The fact that Athens was 10 years ago is why I am chomping at the bit to get on another Euro trip. I have been on 7 away trips since Mypa 47 nearly 30 years ago 😳. Make no mistake I would have been gutted had we missed out. 

I remember being similarly buzzing in 2013 when we then drew Krasnodar. So no guarantee of a decent draw. However I believe rounds 1 and 2 tend to be regionalised so if we finish 5th we should get a tie v Irish or Welsh side or similar. It would be good to get one tie v very winnable team (then so we’re Stjarnan 😫) and then one semi glamorous tie. Anything beyond that and it probably would be a bonus. Away Tickets may be an issue if it is a small ground. 

All in all it is just great to be able to spend the next few weeks chatting about and looking forward to European draws and experiences. 

1 hour ago, Kapowzer said:

Have it on good authority a number of players did not leave the building until 3am and were on the park with beers and the floodlights on for a kickabout.

That's the one's that didn't go onto the house party in honour of Las ..... that ended at 6am.

Yasssssssss

That's fantastic to hear, you really love the thought of that.

5 hours ago, Desp said:

My last trip was for Levante

Massively underrated trip - great city and we played well against a team that were levels above us - what it's all about.

_LEVANTE.JPG

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

We give ourselves a hard time as a fanbase, but I think this proves we're pretty easy to please. All I ask of a player is that he be prepared to leather the ball into the East Stand with no regard for the Jambo c**t in possession of it currently.

All we want is Total Football or c***s getting cemented left and right. Easy.

I've made it clear what I've thought of Alexander but I've got to give credit where credit is due. To get us 4th (as things stand) and qualified for Europe is a great achievement, especially considering where we were when he took over. If we were offered this before a ball had even been kicked this season every one of us would have bit their hand off for it. We've seen that this team has something about them and can be a really decent team when they want to be be and stand up and be counted when it's needed. I still have my concerns and thoughts about this half of the season as it hasn't been good enough and I'm still worried about next season but for now I give him and the team credit for securing European football and my worries/concerns can be for another day.

What a tackle by Nirennold right at the end. There's not many things better in football than a tackle that brings a whole stand to it's feet.

I thought SODs was great again, just like he was against County. I've done a complete 180° on Shields. For months I was not convinced by him at all, didn't see the fuss that other fans did but he's won me round. He works his balls off for the team. I really liked his performance vs Livi a few weeks ago, he ran their fullback ragged, had the beating of him every time. I'm happy to hold my hands up and say I'm wrong about him.

I was talking to the guy that sits behind me and he told me that the illness the team has had is that Norovirus and they had to take 3 buses up to Dingwall: 1 for the players that had had it, 1 for the players that didn't and 1 for the players they were unsure about. Some of the players hadn't trained anywhere near like they normally would for over a week. I had Norovirus a few years ago and up until I had Covid I'd never felt so ill so it's no wonder we were down to the bare bones of the squad and some players hadn't trained in so long. Van Veen and Tierney in particular were really ill with it and as much I thought Van Veen changed the team when he came on he and Tierney did seem a bit off the pace and that explains why.

9 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Yasssssssss

Our boys on the beer, their boys on the Champers, could be a sedate game on Saturday.  Hope the crowd keeps the noise down.