Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, fat_tony said:

Isn't it funny how we can watch the same game and see completely different things? I thought Carroll was good tonight. A few defensive lapses but much better going forward than he's been pretty much all season. Slattery also, playing in a more advanced role than usual for much of the first half but didn't think he was terrible.

Donnelly and Ojala were badly exposed in the first half and I thought the latter had a shocker. Donnelly was much better second half once we upped the tempo.

SOD was immense again. My MotM tonight.

I'm really warming to Shields as well. Fitter than a butcher's dug and bags of effort but seems to add something extra when KVV plays alongside him.

Efford is not for me though.

My criticism of stems from panicky play and giving the ball away cheaply or not being committed enough during most of the first half. Carroll did his too often half arsed runs back to cover when its his bread and butter, not the first time he's been guilty of that.

Sportscene doesn't show the square ball that had the other forwards going mental. The header in the second half from Efford really should have drawn a save. Touch and control at times questionable but we've got him for 12 months more, Alexander did manage to get the most out of Cole and Watt so fingers crossed. However I regard Woolery as offering more and don't get his omission.

Slattery's through ball to Shields for the opener was tasty however, for the rest of the half passes were repeatedly incomplete or intercepted.

46 minutes ago, ropy said:

I see Slattery will be keeping himself fresh for these European games as presumably he misses the first two league games of next season after doing a Van Veen (12).

Was gonna say isn't it wiped then I remembered the punch up between Erwin and that Tunisian fella and I think he got 8 games, knew he was offski however.

66% of our league wins in 2022 have come in the past 5 days. Who'd a thunk it?

Big Victor's earned himself at least a 6-month extension with that tackle!

On 10/05/2022 at 22:34, rowsdower said:

Shame that Efford's volley tomorrow can't be included.

Not a volley, sadly. 7/10 prophecy, should've put money on it.

8 hours ago, Desp said:

BTW, that's one of the biggest East Stand roars I've ever heard when big Victor steamed in with that tackle at the end :lol:

Whit a moment.

Sensational!!

A highlight of the season, and the big fella can feel rightly proud when he walks up to collect his POTY gong.

Extension please.*

*May be stretching it just slightly. 

Edited by 'WellDel

Highlight for me was Las trying to chip a ball into the Bois at the end from about 10 yards away, missing and hitting the top advertising hoardings on the east stand. Fitting end.

Some laugh that a little over a week ago this thread was red hot with the "there's a board meeting, Alexander's getting sacked" chat.

B2B wins with a team held together by sellotape and that's European qualification confirmed.

What a carry on eh?

Edited by capt_oats

7 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Some laugh that a little over a week ago this thread was red hot with the "there's a board meeting, Alexander's getting sacked" chat.

B2B wins with a team held together by sellotape and that's European qualification confirmed.

What a carry on eh?

I regret nothing. Cannae wait to get battered 8-0 by Celtic's U18s team at the weekend.