Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

Knock the ball along the six yard line, get 3 or 4 goals.  We should try it.

What is this witchcraft of which you speak?

I do think there would be some traction in taking Grezza to the Aquatec and see if he floats.

4 hours ago, ropy said:

Knock the ball along the six yard line, get 3 or 4 goals.  We should try it.

This just reminded me actually. Mind when Grezza arrived we started to try and play it out from the back for a while before he relented and realised we didn't have the players? Wonder if we will cycle round to that again once this season is done. 

Just read that Seattle Sounders won the Concacaf Champions League last night, becoming the first MLS side to ever do so. Andy Rose has been assistant manager there since retiring. Just a bit of very loosely Motherwell-related good news to brighten your day,

31 minutes ago, stu92 said:

Just read that Seattle Sounders won the Concacaf Champions League last night, becoming the first MLS side to ever do so. Andy Rose has been assistant manager there since retiring. Just a bit of very loosely Motherwell-related good news to brighten your day,

A vocal chunk of our support were convinced Rose was shite - never got that one.

47 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Couldn't pass, shoot, tackle or dribble with the ball but ran about and filled space.

Sounds like me at 5s. And my god I'm good at it. 

FWIW Rose is pretty much Mark O'Hara in my charts (wins the ball, cant pass apart from hoofs, times runs into the box well).  Not a clue how fair that is.

rose.thumb.png.91fa714eb91a6caa4f5fe7407ec6508c.png

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW Rose is pretty much Mark O'Hara in my charts (wins the ball, cant pass apart from hoofs, times runs into the box well).  Not a clue how fair that is.

rose.thumb.png.91fa714eb91a6caa4f5fe7407ec6508c.png

I'd say that's fair. Rose had the benefit of playing in a Motherwell team I didn't absolutely fucking hate, though.

If Rangers win the Europa League how will this effect our chances of Europe? will 6th gain an extra spot as Rangers qualify directly for the champions league? will Hearts now gain the champions league qualifiers and Dundee United the Europa League group stage leaving the other 2 conference spots for 5th and 6th or am I being silly?

I don't know if it would work like that. If Hertz split the OF then Scotland would have 2 in the groups and Hertz potentially with via playoffs. With The Rangers in 2nd I think they'd just advance now but it means doing some jiggery pokery behind the scenes at UEFA as their potential opponents would have no opposition to play if they are successful on the 18th or given a by maybe? Doubt they'd countenance that.

Half a league qualifying for Europe is mental too.

Getting ahead of ourselves here, the insuring riot in downtown Seville will ensure Scottish clubs are banned from European competition for 5 years.

8 hours ago, KebabMuncher1886 said:

If Rangers win the Europa League how will this effect our chances of Europe? will 6th gain an extra spot as Rangers qualify directly for the champions league? will Hearts now gain the champions league qualifiers and Dundee United the Europa League group stage leaving the other 2 conference spots for 5th and 6th or am I being silly?

No.  All that changes (for Scotland) is Rangers go from Q3 to Pot 1 in the Group Stages.