Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, 18May1991 said:

Alexander would probably use the brush to mop the floor and the mop to clean the windows. The mop bucket would be used up front. 

And it would still be more active and functional than James Scott. 

1 minute ago, Handsome_Devil said:

If he has a bunch of staff coming up why does he want to be out of work and unable to hire them? Sorry if I'm being dense, I just don't follow the logic.

He doesn't want to mess those folk about. They are meant to be starting in the summer so if we hire them then bin him there will be a lot of hassle caused.

Or you can see it as Alexander using them as leverage. Either pay him off now or have to pay more people off later.

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

He doesn't want to mess those folk about. They are meant to be starting in the summer so if we hire them then bin him there will be a lot of hassle caused.

Or you can see it as Alexander using them as leverage. Either pay him off now or have to pay more people off later.

Ah I see.

Interesting if true that he's giving up then, you'd have thought sixth at worst and the chance to refresh would be appealing. Certainly a better option than thumb twiddling and seeing what comes up.

Because four failures - and yes we'd be a debate but getting huckled out the backdoor by mutual consent not a great look even if his idea - out of four makes you wonder just who'd take a chance on him next.

Ah I see.
Interesting if true that he's giving up then, you'd have thought sixth at worst and the chance to refresh would be appealing. Certainly a better option than thumb twiddling and seeing what comes up.
Because four failures - and yes we'd be a debate but getting huckled out the backdoor by mutual consent not a great look even if his idea - out of four makes you wonder just who'd take a chance on him next.
St Mirren

4 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

If he has a bunch of staff coming up why does he want to be out of work and unable to hire them? Sorry if I'm being dense, I just don't follow the logic.

Possible, I suppose, that he's confident enough in himself that he could take a nice wee payoff from us then walk straight into one of the vacancies that exist down south in the summer.? This way he'd have these staff freely available to join him at his new gig.

Very confident in himself if so, but would seem on brand for the type of character he is. Still not convinced either story being bandied about is right, right enough. 

I must admit, regardless of the merits of it - I'm still trying to tune my mind into the concept that we, Motherwell FC, would sack a manager when we're 2 points off Europe in early May and it doesn't seem too outlandish. 

I think what is messing me up is that when we have a season of two halves, we tend to be shite before Xmas and decent after it - ending like this is pretty unusual/unprecedented and adds all sorts of pressure when season ticket renewals are due. If we had been pish between October and December and hit a bit of form and were in the position we are now, we'd all be delighted. Being in a good position but on abysmal form is a proper mind f**k.

Still struggling to believe that we would pull the trigger at this point (as opposed to the manager resigning).

27 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Hearing he has gone - mutual but more on the resignation side.

With all due respect how does a United fan know this before any Motherwell fan ?

I smell sh1te. 

Edited by welldaft

58 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I was told this source was reliable (and therefore credible) in the past but I'm hearing this third hand. As I said, time will tell but I'm certainly not pretending to have inside information.

Fair enough & time will tell. Credibility usually found in not taken as fact and corroborated with others - it’s been silent on that front.

Not seeing what purpose it would serve at any rate.

It's absolutely guaranteed to be in the papers tomorrow either way. Facebook will pick it up from here, someone there will stick it on Twitter, and then it will end up back on SO again. That will be enough for the record.