Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

17 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I’m the same. Been going to the games since 1984 and I’ve never felt so disillusioned and uninterested by what we been served up this season, particularly in 2022. Nobody I know is renewing their season ticket next season, many having theirs since the mid ‘90’s. That should be a red flag to the club right there. 

Genuinely the worst Motherwell team I’ve ever watched. It’s guaranteed garbage every week. 

Good luck selling season tickets on the back of this. 

I wasn’t there but there were ‘Well fans scrambling about for tickets today.  There is an audience for this stuff.

"Sack Alexander" .... fucking yawnfest.

Won't happen as @welldaft has said till International break in September at the absolute earliest and only if the poor results continue till then. For a multitude of reasons there will be no move to oust him from the boardroom. Scotland vs Ukraine (Nations League) is the 21st of September.

All the P45'ers who want an earlier exit will have to rely on him being poached. Simples.

Football is a game of fine margins and Tierney was an inch away from the ball squaring across the goal mouth to the other post and 2" away from as sweet a start as you could hope for.

I wasn’t there but there were ‘Well fans scrambling about for tickets today.  There is an audience for this stuff.

In a shoot-out for Europe 600 is not a good turnout from us. There were folk scrambling for tickets because United only made available some of the top tier and nothing else. 400+ drop from the Livingston game.

Won't happen as [mention=12049]welldaft[/mention] has said till International break in September at the absolute earliest and only if the poor results continue till then. For a multitude of reasons there will be no move to oust him from the boardroom. Scotland vs Ukraine (Nations League) is the 21st of September.
All the P45'ers who want an earlier exit will have to rely on him being poached. Simples.
Football is a game of fine margins and Tierney was an inch away from the ball squaring across the goal mouth to the other post and 2" away from as sweet a start as you could hope for.
HI Graeme.

No social videos yet? Maybe a good call, but I was hoping they'd stick a camera in front of Efford for him to run straight into.

Overall, we could have won that game, but didn't take the gilt edged chances that came our way. Our defending wasn't our worst, but still shaky.

27 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Won't happen as @welldaft has said till International break in September at the absolute earliest and only if the poor results continue till then. For a multitude of reasons there will be no move to oust him from the boardroom. Scotland vs Ukraine (Nations League) is the 21st of September.

Do you enjoy anything about watching this Motherwell team? Not being wide or anything, it's a genuine question. You seem to still have some positivity about the current team and tbh I don't enjoy feeling miserable watching us, so if there's anything that I'm missing that you're seeing, I'd like to hear it. 

14 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
30 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:
Won't happen as [mention=12049]welldaft[/mention] has said till International break in September at the absolute earliest and only if the poor results continue till then. For a multitude of reasons there will be no move to oust him from the boardroom. Scotland vs Ukraine (Nations League) is the 21st of September.

HI Graeme.

Shite

23 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

This whole "He won't get sacked" stuff is tedious, folk know the situation. They are allowed to express their feelings and wishes.

And folk are also allowed to express an opinion that he won’t get sacked 😉

12 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

Somebody is going to have explain to me in what world 1 win in 15 isn’t a sackable offence. 

I’m past caring if it would be expensive to bin him. More expensive than giving him another transfer window? More expensive than being relegated next season?

This is a valid point. Despite the cost giving him the transfer budget for next year is a big risk. Based on how this season is unfolding. 

That said it is a big IF. But win next week and v Hearts at home and we could yet finish in Europe. And all the Ragers in the world would have to accept that is a decent season anyway you look at it. A big if as we are unlikely to win another game at this rate or even draw 🤬

10 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Do you enjoy anything about watching this Motherwell team? Not being wide or anything, it's a genuine question. You seem to still have some positivity about the current team and tbh I don't enjoy feeling miserable watching us, so if there's anything that I'm missing that you're seeing, I'd like to hear it. 

Absolutely f**k all, a few minor bits here and there but on the whole it is awful to watch. However I can distinguish between the red mist of folk reaching for pitchforks over the reality of where those who have influence on his tenure are far apart. Tierney and Woolery's woodwork efforts were total sliding doors/butterfly effect stuff, we will never know how it would have panned out, Dundee United have little to show of late they have much mettle to get back into it.

4th to 10th are all much of a muchness in terms of shite this season, results will be earned from a mixture of luck, mistakes, sclafs, stramashes, dodgy refereeing calls, deflections or general craziness. Today was 2" away from a lead, they got a deflection.

I also think I've been pretty consistent in my feelings on what I've witnessed since he took over. We were happy to move from the foot to mediocrity even if it was brutal to watch we put up with it over survival.

Now the dust is settling on this season first round of fixtures, we probably over achieved by 5 points, second round probably about right based on our performances and we've under performed by 5/6 points in the third round. so we are where we are.

Also here's a post from the Dundee game at FP back in August:

On 28/08/2021 at 19:46, Kapowzer said:

Bit like world history, today was marked by AD (Adam Damaged)

I really don’t like watching Alexander’s football. I guess we must be playing percentages but it just feels wrong to defend a corner 10 minutes into a game with 11 men in the box. Dundee centre halves standing 5 years past the centre circle.

we were under the kosh for the first 15 mins and couldn’t get a breath.

Three events stick out for me, Grimshaw on the near touch line skipping by three players, cut inside and passes to a Dundee player when it would have been easier to pass it to a teammate. Two of our players colliding just before Adam went down and Woolery just needing to trap a crossfield ball and it going out for a shy. All basic, all preventable, all eye wateringly bad. Add in Kelly getting a yellow for time eating and VanVeen arguing over a shy that was called correct.

From Dundee’s point of view, I can only guess it was felt McGowan’s game is too similar to Adam’s for them both to start as I felt he continually offered something positive.

Draw would have been a fair result. It was horrible to watch, football and entertainment were done a disservice today.

I could go pretty much into every match tread bar about 4 or 5 this season and be critical of the tactics and what has been on show.

6 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

This whole "He won't get sacked" stuff is tedious, folk know the situation. They are allowed to express their feelings and wishes.

As is the whole "get him to f**k" every week when they also know the situation.

4 minutes ago, welldaft said:

But win next week and v Hearts at home and we could yet finish in Europe. 

We've won one game since the turn of the year, but we'll turn in performances against teams we haven't laid a glove on in our last two meetings?

I admire your optimism Graham, but I just don't see it mate. 

4 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Absolutely f**k all, a few minor bits here and there but on the whole it is awful to watch. However I can distinguish between the red mist of folk reaching for pitchforks over the reality of where those who have influence on his tenure are far apart. Tierney and Woolery's woodwork efforts were total sliding doors/butterfly effect stuff, we will never know how it would have panned out, Dundee United have little to show of late they have much mettle to get back into it.

4th to 10th are all much of a muchness in terms of shite this season, results will be earned from a mixture of luck, mistakes, sclafs, stramashes, dodgy refereeing calls, deflections or general craziness. Today was 2" away from a lead, they got a deflection.

I also think I've been pretty consistent in my feelings on what I've witnessed since he took over. We were happy to move from the foot to mediocrity even if it was brutal to watch we put up with it over survival.

Now the dust is settling on this season first round of fixtures, we probably over achieved by 5 points, second round probably about right based on our performances and we've under performed by 5/6 points in the third round. so we are where we are.

Also here's a post from the Dundee game at FP back in August:

I could go pretty much into every match tread bar about 4 or 5 this season and be critical of the tactics and what has been on show.

As is the whole "get him to f**k" every week when they also know the situation.

Aye so you think it's a load of shite as well, fair enough.

3 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

We've won one game since the turn of the year, but we'll turn in performances against teams we haven't laid a glove on in our last two meetings?

I admire your optimism Graham, but I just don't see it mate. 

*Graeme

Where there is hope will come despair.  I have a train ticket for next week.  I haven’t as yet purchased a ticket to the game.  A visit to the Wimpy and the Mallard then home?

Edited by ropy