Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

This is the second most Steelmen Online post I've ever seen on a P&B Motherwell thread.

You're at it. I'm no saying he could 'do a job' but given I've not seen much of him since he went to Aberdeen (for obvious reasons) but he was well fancied and in the Scotland reckoning before that, and he's local and available....it's a genuine question? No? 

To be fair, thus does seem like a random shout but it came from me reading an article about him in the paper about loving back to Hamilton.

For the avoidance of doubt I am definitely not Michael Devlin. 

Edited by eliphas

4 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Given Alexander made a thing of wanting players he could rely on to be fit over a season Devlin's pretty much the opposite of that.

Hopefully he's learned his lesson given the amount of injuries for our Scandi pair.

Agree it seems unlikely we'd sign someone who's been out 2 years but I'm glad it's lit the touch paper on some. Haha. 

21 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

Some great questions in that Goss interview, such as "what was man utd like", and "did you play with anyone that made it?"

Is the implication that being an occasional starter in a Motherwell side with one win in 14 isn't 'making it'?

1 minute ago, thisGRAEME said:

That Steven Lawless, Liam Polworth and Dom Thomas staring down the barrel of league one, and a wander round the seaside towns of Scotland?

That's a shame.

Couldn’t happen to nicer lads. Especially Lawless. Enjoy Kelty next year you arrogant wee w**k 😁

10 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

That Steven Lawless, Liam Polworth and Dom Thomas staring down the barrel of league one, and a wander round the seaside towns of Scotland?

That's a shame.

'Super' Joe Chalmers as well. Although I've nothing much against him compared to the others (his part in the Dundee 1-5 debacle aside). He was simply just pish.

The saddest part for me is that I really don't care anymore, that's what a season of Alexander has done to me. Been going to matches for 25+ years and can never remember having this little enthusiasm towards the team. Oh well, at least we didn't give him a contract until 2025.  

Edited by Londonwell

We could have won that, fine margins, we didn’t concede a direct strike on goal, 2 deflections, one of which went in.  But having gone behind we did not respond.

I am happy to have Tierney on the pitch but not as our focal point through the middle.

No ability to pass the ball between each other.  No first touch, no control. No quality.

Hate to burst anyone’s bubble but Alexander will not get sacked. Not now anyway.

Finishing Top 6 ahead of Hibs and Aberdeen is not a sackable offence sadly. Not when he signed an extension. 

Regardless of what happens this season he will get the summer to rebuild. But come September / October if we start like we are finishing this season then he will be gone. But that will be 6 months down the line and significantly less expensive. 

13 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

The saddest part for me is that I really don't care anymore, that's what a season of Alexander has done to me. Been going to matches for 25+ years and can never remember having this little enthusiasm towards the team. Oh well, at least we didn't give him a contract until 2025.  

I’m the same. Been going to the games since 1984 and I’ve never felt so disillusioned and uninterested by what we been served up this season, particularly in 2022. Nobody I know is renewing their season ticket next season, many having theirs since the mid ‘90’s. That should be a red flag to the club right there. 

Genuinely the worst Motherwell team I’ve ever watched. It’s guaranteed garbage every week. 

Good luck selling season tickets on the back of this. 

Last season was largely brutal. This season has been far worse despite us fluking top 6.

Alexander has to go regardless of the cost. It might have been an expensive mistake giving him a new contract but it will be far more expensive giving him another transfer window. With his level of stubbornness I can't see how next season will be any different to the 2nd half of this and our current form / "style" will have us as relegation certainties.