Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Ha! I went to their pop up in town last month but they had nothing of interest.

They're absolutely at it with their pricing though.

533280847_ScreenShot2022-04-26at16_16_19.thumb.png.21324f4c6f150840f480b2842e25ca7f.png

I went to the one in Sneaker Cafe pre-pandemic and genuinely laughed at some of the prices. My mate's birthday was coming up and I found him Zerouali 0 Dons top that was going for about £150. Wild. 

To be clear I did not buy that. I wound up picking him up an Andrew Considine with tits mug for his birthday last year that was much more reasonable. 

Edited by well fan for life

The football top market just baffles me these days. I'm probably not the target demographic really, I'll buy a Motherwell top every season or two to get something new for Fives and to chuck the club a few bob, but it's wild to me that there's a third party market for Motherwell tops approaching £100.

I’ve been looking for one of these for ages and fortunately didn’t fall for the grift that was doing the rounds a few months ago. Knowing CFS, this top will easily be £150+ so f**k that…the wait goes on.

21 minutes ago, dezz said:

I’ve been looking for one of these for ages and fortunately didn’t fall for the grift that was doing the rounds a few months ago. Knowing CFS, this top will easily be £150+ so f**k that…the wait goes on.

Aye, I've got the home one from that season but never got the away.

It's one of the two I didn't get at the time that I regret.

This being the other one...

CxNkxE_XcAAYSkA.jpg

I’ve absolutely no idea about the costs of producing a replica of these sort of tops so I may be talking absolute nonsense, but if CFS think they can fleece folk for £100+ for 20 year old Motherwell replicas, is there no way the club could make some cash doing a ‘limited edition’ run of an iconic kit every few seasons? I’d be happier chucking the club £75-£100 to get hold of the fluorescent kit of the Hummel one rather than it going to CFS.

Appreciate it may be more to do with trademarks on manufacturers and sponsors rather than the actual cost of manufacture.

16 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

CxNkxE_XcAAYSkA.jpg

I've got all the hummell and pony ones in my Carrier Bag of Old Strips - they never see the light of day. The luminous one is pristine as I wore it twice - the Hummell one appears to have been worn to an extent that would embarrass a Celtic supporter - it's a mess.

4 minutes ago, dezz said:

I’ve absolutely no idea about the costs of producing a replica of these sort of tops so I may be talking absolute nonsense, but if CFS think they can fleece folk for £100+ for 20 year old Motherwell replicas, is there no way the club could make some cash doing a ‘limited edition’ run of an iconic kit every few seasons? I’d be happier chucking the club £75-£100 to get hold of the fluorescent kit of the Hummel one rather than it going to CFS.

They did something like that a while back with a 'retro' line via Copa. The problem I guess is that they can't use the branding/sponsor logo or have the original manufacturer make it so you end up with the below minus the Umbro chevron.

I actually got a knock off version of this with the Umbro logo and the Ian Skelly sponsor it was very decent quality. It was years ago through Aztec Retro before they were shut down.

Actually turns out there's a version here https://dpretro.com/product/motherwell-1986-87-home-shirt/

1130689293_ScreenShot2022-04-26at17_52_39.thumb.png.5e75b70e6ea7be9759ede9589c5ab9c3.png

CxNkxE_XcAAYSkA.jpg

Love that top…

I borrowed my friends one for the dortmund game and a German asked to swap after the game, so I did turned on to be the season before top he gave me but I wasn’t that bothered it wasn’t my top I had swapped [emoji6]

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

CxNkxE_XcAAYSkA.jpg

Is that the “9 in a row spoiling Owen Coyle” all white one?

I’ve got that one.

Edited by Allroy for Prez

4 hours ago, capt_oats said:

They did something like that a while back with a 'retro' line via Copa. The problem I guess is that they can't use the branding/sponsor logo or have the original manufacturer make it so you end up with the below minus the Umbro chevron.

I actually got a knock off version of this with the Umbro logo and the Ian Skelly sponsor it was very decent quality. It was years ago through Aztec Retro before they were shut down.

Actually turns out there's a version here https://dpretro.com/product/motherwell-1986-87-home-shirt/

1130689293_ScreenShot2022-04-26at17_52_39.thumb.png.5e75b70e6ea7be9759ede9589c5ab9c3.png

hahaha f**k mind Danny Johnson!