Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just read about it now.

Bored because their seethefest is Sunday probably. If they weren't shitebags they would have jumped on a train and found some Hibs and Hearts YT wandering about town.

Showing up a ladies match full of kids ..... link being one of the clubs is in the same league as you?

Can only think it's a local chapter peacocking on social media.

The dates for the semi finals of the Europa have been known all along, so any pleas by them for consideration to league fixture dates should have been made and decided before they were announced.

There shouldn't be last minute disruption to opposition fans ability to attend the match, or for the club to potentially lose out on television monies etc, just because they either never had the foresight to consider the consequences of getting through, or the Sunday suited them if they hadn't progressed. They're happy to accept any given day or k.o. time to suck the Sky teat throughout the rest of the  season, so extremely short notice changes can get in the bin.

And with their wee performance after the ladies game yesterday, they can get themselves doubly to f**k. Verminous, cretinous c***s.

53 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

The dates for the semi finals of the Europa have been known all along, so any pleas by them for consideration to league fixture dates should have been made and decided before they were announced.

There shouldn't be last minute disruption to opposition fans ability to attend the match, or for the club to potentially lose out on television monies etc, just because they either never had the foresight to consider the consequences of getting through, or the Sunday suited them if they hadn't progressed. They're happy to accept any given day or k.o. time to suck the Sky teat throughout the rest of the  season, so extremely short notice changes can get in the bin.

And with their wee performance after the ladies game yesterday, they can get themselves doubly to f**k. Verminous, cretinous c***s.

Happy to be corrected but IIRC TV money is pooled and distributed between the clubs. We wouldn't lose out in that respect.

However hospitality and all that is definitely something that will have been arranged and rescheduling all the general match day stuff a less than week in advance will be a pain in the arse.

Other than that, the fact that they've generally acted the c**t whether it's been their whole chucking the toys out the pram over the cinch sponsorship, having their wee performative meltdown about the winter break being moved forward etc means this should absolutely booted into the sea.

They've a brass neck to be asking the league and other clubs for favours after the way they've carried themselves.

f**k them.

Edited by capt_oats

I reckon it'll end up getting moved and I'll be raging about it when it does happen if we've agreed to it. If they're that arsed about the game on Thursday then they can rest folk against us and we can hopefully benefit.  If we agree to give that advantage up and move it forward a day then we've made an absolute c**t of it.

They've 10x the player budget so use the depth of your squad that it buys you.

But it is almost delusional that they will overhaul 6 points from what Ange has assembled across town in 5 games.

Delighted we've cost them 4 points.

15 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:
I reckon it'll end up getting moved and I'll be raging about it when it does happen if we've agreed to it. If they're that arsed about the game on Thursday then they can rest folk against us and we can hopefully benefit.  If we agree to give that advantage up and move it forward a day then we've made an absolute c**t of it.

Aye this is it for me. Disadvantage our own fans and chance of taking something from the game. There’s no benefit to the club and you can guarantee that lot would never repay the favour.

Worth remembering that they didn’t let any of our fans in when stadiums were originally back to capacity. 

I am also fully aware that their b team will still put 3 or 4 past us.

Edited by ZX1886

As stated above you do not get any more money for appearing on Sky in a League game. The money is distributed based on league placings. Not sure if all clubs get a standard set payment and then a payment based on where they finish. Probably just the latter. 

Either way you would think if Sky agree to this they would want it moved to a date that would allow them to still show the game live. So that probably rules out the Saturday as Sky have a championship ship game at 12:30 and a Premiership game at 17:30. They also have a championship game on the Friday night and a Premiership game on Thursday evening both at 19:45. So unless it was 19:45 on Saturday evening not sure how Sky could accommodate this. 

I would also suspect that for Motherwell to agree to move the game they would ask Rangers to make up any potential shortfall in revenues. Assuming that for normal Sunday midday KO we would make £150,000. We surely would make it clear that if we move and only make £100k then Rangers should make up shortfall. 

Edited by welldaft

See, if I thought we could back pocket a favour or get some sort of political suction from helping them out I'd still be annoyed but I'd be grudgingly...fine. You play the game with this sort of stuff.

But as a club and institution they're arseholes and it's difficult to imagine a scenario where our views would be aligned to the point that we'd actually want to call in a favour from them.

f**k Glasgow Rangers as a staff, football club and a motherfucking crew.

I'm rather meh about it...I appreciate there's reasons for it but Scotland must be the only country which takes such great delight in refusing to help a side that suddenly does well in Europe.

I expect/hope our response will be 'what's it worth to you?' and trust the guys negotiating to weigh up the offer against any perceived advantage of sticking to the agreed date.

I would give nothing to either of them. They both can’t see past what’s best for them and have a mindset of “ F##k the rest of you”, nothing given out in return. They do nothing for Scottish football other than bigotry and those running both clubs don’t want that to change. They live in a world that belongs in the past and should not be a part of of a more modern society and one that has a negative influence on new generations and as much as I’m pretty much a lover and not a hater I don’t tend to have any time for either of them, and that’s certainly not me as a person in general.

Edited by Yorky

Now they are in the final of the cup and potentially in a Europa League final. I would agree on the basis that they ensure we get a draw at least. In fact if we do acquiesce then that should be a minimum condition. Joking of course, but the league is gone so why are they so bothered. That said we need them to do us a favour and beat United and County. 

As someone mentioned they should have a big enough squad to play a few 1st teamers and fringe players. So what is the problem 🤷‍♂️.

Edited by welldaft

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I'm rather meh about it...I appreciate there's reasons for it but Scotland must be the only country which takes such great delight in refusing to help a side that suddenly does well in Europe.

I expect/hope our response will be 'what's it worth to you?' and trust the guys negotiating to weigh up the offer against any perceived advantage of sticking to the agreed date.

Aye, that's where I am to be perfectly honest. 

12 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

An absolute myth, this, isn't it? Leipzig are playing more games than Rangers are in the coming weeks. 

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

An absolute myth, this, isn't it? Leipzig are playing more games than Rangers are in the coming weeks. 

Not strictly true. They might have more games but the Bundesliga is helping out.

Bundesliga have already moved planned fixtures games for their clubs involved in the UEL semi finals but they've done it after the first leg game to help them space put recovery  - Leipzig and Leverkusen play the Monday night rather than Sunday.

https://bulinews.com/news/12278/dfl-confirms-round-32-monday-fixtures-for-uel-semi-finalists-leipzig-and-frankfurt

Edited by eliphas

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

Not as far as I know...Spain and Italy regularly schedule their European sides to play on the Saturday rather than Sunday before midweek rounds for sure. Leipzig were given a Saturday rather than Sunday prior to the Rangers first leg. They are playing on the Monday before the second leg due to a combination of a long-standing agreement between the clubs and police preference regarding May day.

Surely a Sunday lunchtime game IS accommodating for a Thursday evening match ? Could see the fuss if they were scheduled to play on a Tuesday night but they've just played 120 minutes less than 3 days after another 120 minute match without it affecting them so f*ck 'em.  Isn't the whole point of building a large squad that it enables you to maintain performance in multiple competitions for the whole season? 

9 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Surely a Sunday lunchtime game IS accommodating for a Thursday evening match ? Could see the fuss if they were scheduled to play on a Tuesday night but they've just played 120 minutes less than 3 days after another 120 minute match without it affecting them so f*ck 'em.  Isn't the whole point of building a large squad that it enables you to maintain performance in multiple competitions for the whole season? 

I have an idea. We could move the game to the Monday? It would help absolutley no one so therefore, in the SPFLs eyes, it would be fair.

17 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

I agree it doesn't make a massive amount of difference but going from Sunday to Thursday you're looking at regeneration Monday, one proper day Tuesday, then MD-1 with travel and a light session. I doubt there's a coach anywhere in the world who wouldn't take the extra day, be it for more recovery/prep whatever, if offered and there's no real reason why our game shouldn't on the TV slot on Saturday.

As I said originally, I don't really care. It's only ever going to impact the OF and it's their choice never to put anything in place - indeed their determination to make life as difficult as possible for the other in the title race means this tit for tat never ends - so Rangers have no complaints. But I do think it's fair to say most other countries don't behave like this - perhaps because it happens more regularly, and might happen to more than just one/two teams, there is understanding for it.

If Rangers make it worth our while, move it if possible, if not then don't.