Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

13 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I might be mistaken, but in the first Lasley goal video, when County had a corner just after he scored I believe the commentator said "what a save by Hollis". 

That can't be right.

5 hours ago, Blink182 said:

More likely "what, a save? By Hollis!"

Edit - Just looked up his stats and he only played 31 matches in his whole professional career? 

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Randolph-Hollis must be one of the biggest quality dropoff between two players ever? Ones gone on to get 50 international caps, become a Premier League #1 and marry Alexandra Burke and the other one is apparently playing for 'Benburb'.

3 hours ago, ZX1886 said:

You CANNOT convince me that Lee Hollis and George Long are different people.

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I'd have to say Hollis was worse, Samson was also fucking terrible though.

This picture was made almost 7 years ago and it feels as relevant today as it did back then. 

BRfoW_dCMAE92lJ.jpg

I'm probably naively optimistic a lot of the time but in a scenario where we have to simply have to better either Ross County or Dundee United's point totals across 5 games to guarantee Europe I'll always be confident.  They'd be entitled to feel the same way about us though of course. 

30 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm probably naively optimistic a lot of the time but in a scenario where we have to simply have to better either Ross County or Dundee United's point totals across 5 games to guarantee Europe I'll always be confident.  They'd be entitled to feel the same way about us though of course. 

If the nights were drawing in I'd be inclined to agree with you. Now the days are getting longer, not so much.

Edited by Kapowzer

There we go. Hearts have their Europa League Play off spot (and guaranteed Group stage football) secured.

Gives me a small bit of hope for qualifying for Europe. Very small though.
I wouldn't say I'm overly confident but we're basically in a league of 6 and we only have to avoid finishing bottom over 5 games to qualify for Europe.

52 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm still really surprised at how well he's doing.  I loved him for us but I never seen anything to suggest he could be a top end Championship midfielder. 

I would agree.

51 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
4 hours ago, Phillips455 said:
There we go. Hearts have their Europa League Play off spot (and guaranteed Group stage football) secured.

Gives me a small bit of hope for qualifying for Europe. Very small though.

I wouldn't say I'm overly confident but we're basically in a league of 6 and we only have to avoid finishing bottom over 5 games to qualify for Europe.

Not getting whipped by Glasgow teams might be the key

16 minutes ago, ropy said:

Not getting whipped by Glasgow teams might be the key

Playing Rangers just before their european semi could be a little advantage, especially as they are asking us to move the game forward to Saturday* - I assume we'll be playing either a weakened team or at least one with its mind on something else. 

*It would be some laugh to refuse to move it just to see the heads gone all over the place

See on the socials Rangers ultras went after women and kids after the Motherwell and Hamilton ladies game, any truth in it? If it is the case deny their reschedule and cut their allocation because that is unbelievably low. 

17 minutes ago, Ill Ray said:

See on the socials Rangers ultras went after women and kids after the Motherwell and Hamilton ladies game, any truth in it? If it is the case deny their reschedule and cut their allocation because that is unbelievably low. 

There is a lot on there about it.

I really can't get my head round the mindset of going to a wummins game and starting shit. I honestly think of the womens game as almost a different sport.

4 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

I’ve already made plans for the Saturday and can’t go midweek. Don’t understand why the club would agree to change the already set date...

Same. At times like this, the club needs to think about Season ticket holders and not an angry Keith Jackson column.

6 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

There is a lot on there about it.

I really can't get my head round the mindset of going to a wummins game and starting shit. I honestly think of the womens game as almost a different sport.

I think the Tinpot thread will be getting a visit - that's an utter fucking embarrassment 

I really can't get my head round the mindset of going to a wummins game and starting shit.

The mindset of the fanbase in question is not exactly a logical one. Nothing Rangers or Celtic fans do surprises me anymore.