Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Posting the other day about the u18s and that...

This game was tonight.

Hearts defeated by a "physical" Motherwell side you say? Good lads.

Also seems they were trialing VAR. We got a penalty and had a man sent off out of it.

Edited by capt_oats

35 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Posting the other day about the u18s and that...

This game was tonight.

Hearts defeated by a "physical" Motherwell side you say? Good lads.

Also seems they were trialing VAR. We got a penalty and had a man sent off out of it.

How much older could an U18 team be.  Saudi Arabia old?

8 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I might be mistaken, but in the first Lasley goal video, when County had a corner just after he scored I believe the commentator said "what a save by Hollis". 

That can't be right.

More likely "what, a save? By Hollis!"

Edit - Just looked up his stats and he only played 31 matches in his whole professional career? 

Edited by Blink182

Craig Samson was worse than Hollis from what I can remember.

For all they get a bit of stick on here, we finished 2nd with Hollis and Gunnar Nielsen as our keepers so they can't have been that bad. Samson spent his time setting up chances for the opposition on a weekly basis and seemingly trying his hardest to relegate us.

10 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

For all they get a bit of stick on here, we finished 2nd with Hollis and Gunnar Nielsen as our keepers so they can't have been that bad. Samson spent his time setting up chances for the opposition on a weekly basis and seemingly trying his hardest to relegate us.

The whole Samson being given the no. 1 jersey episode was just mental. 

2 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Hollis never controlled the ball and had no composure but I do not remember any of his mistakes leading to a goal.

Randolph, half way through his third season dropped the ball leading to a goal.  Shocking.

10 minutes away from 5th getting a Euro place.  Hearts winning 2-1. 

Hibs down to 10 men, but should be 9 men. A shocking challenge from Campbell. Straight leg, off the ground and with force. A lot worse than the Mugabi challenge in our cup game. And some people don’t want VAR. 

Edited by welldaft

This was the year to push hard for Europe even before Russia were kicked out. The Rangurs missed out on a guaranteed windfall now going to be taken by Celtic .... unless ... ahem .... they win the Europa.

I don't think we ever had enough in the tank to overtake Hearts even if we continued on the form of the second round fixtures we'd still be short. Fair play to them, one of the few teams that have played to their potential consistently this season.

Ross County have been assisted by 9 penalty awards this season to our 2. I doubt they get into the box any more than we do, however have a nack of getting them. However besides that they've amassed 19 points from 33 in the 3rd round so confidence and momentum with them.

Dundee United had scoring issues and seeming still do even if Tony dropping deep is making more shots on target for them, but i doubt that's why he was bought though. 2 tough games and both away to compound it. Everything to play for even if it is 3rd qualifying round of the 3rd tier of European football.

I think we all hope the fightback at Livvy would maybe be a bit of kindling to getting our confidence back up. Our defence is essentially Sol, Bevis, Lamie plus one other, with the only guaranteed centre half being Sol. At least Slattery is getting 90 again. So for me the only real questions now are Goss over Tierney and Efford starting over Woolery. I can only guess with the former it's his physical stature and age making Greeza think twice.