Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Just felt better to type my summary Busta. Did my soul some good.

Sorry I'd been on the page that long your reply wasn't there yet and showed you'd wrote similar ages afore when I posted

Doing a bit of digging and according to the blog that covers Rangers youth teams we're 4th in the u18s league and we beat them 3-1 last month.
370090110_ScreenShot2022-04-07at17_36_28.thumb.png.9badb4ac168e93b18b388ecb22b686d3.png
https://rfcyouths.wordpress.com/under-18-league-2021-22/
There's a match report on Aberdeen's official site from a game we won 5-3 that gives a team line and it's interesting to see who was playing vs who's listed on our official site https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/squad/reserves/.
264155573_ScreenShot2022-04-07at17_39_07.thumb.png.3a775f522d49aa87d29de96c0d894b90.png
https://www.afc.co.uk/report_nostats/report-motherwell-u18s-v-aberdeen-u18s/
There's also a report from the more recent game we won 3-0.
1358554799_ScreenShot2022-04-07at17_40_39.thumb.png.aa6eb802111d1867d6d3e595f4f27d1b.png
https://www.afc.co.uk/report_nostats/u18s-young-dons-beaten-by-well/

Maurice Ross getting subbed on.

David Martindale being a bit weird about Motherwell again is it?

“Kevin Van Veen has to be one of the best strikers in the league.

I’ll be shocked if he’s still with Motherwell next year. He’s technically gifted, he leads the line, and in my opinion he’s got the capability to play on a larger level.

And that’s no disrespect to Motherwell of course – I think Van Veen is to Motherwell what Lyndon Dykes was to Livingston in terms of how important he is to the team."

Link

"Shocked" if he's still at Motherwell next year. Really? A player who turns 31 in June and has 10 goals in all comps this season? (Unless he literally means 2023 when his contract expires)

Edited by capt_oats

Remember when he was talking about top 6 and he mentioned every other team in the league despite us while we're sitting 4th and took 6 from 6 off them.

He's as media savvy and erudite as the finest Glaswegian taxi driver. TBF to him he has consolidated Livi into a solidly midtable SPFL side, but some of his interviews would make you cringe.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:
David Martindale being a bit weird about Motherwell again is it?
“Kevin Van Veen has to be one of the best strikers in the league.
I’ll be shocked if he’s still with Motherwell next year. He’s technically gifted, he leads the line, and in my opinion he’s got the capability to play on a larger level.
And that’s no disrespect to Motherwell of course – I think Van Veen is to Motherwell what Lyndon Dykes was to Livingston in terms of how important he is to the team."
Link

I absolutely love that he’s randomly chose to hate us.

David Martindale looks like a Rangers da, sounds like a Rangers da and is a Rangers da.

Edited by ZX1886

1 hour ago, Kapowzer said:

Remember when he was talking about top 6 and he mentioned every other team in the league despite us while we're sitting 4th and took 6 from 6 off them.

Aye, it was really in that context that his comment stood out. Fair enough him giving standard platitudes like "he's an important player and was the difference in the previous game" but it definitely sounds like a bizarre dig to chuck in that he'll be "shocked" if he's still at the club next season.

Like, I can't imagine Alexander popping up at his press conference and hitting out with "Bruce Anderson btw, some player...No disrespect but Livi will do well to keep hold of him next season." or whatever.

The other thing is that I've been a Day 1 on the Budget Bergkamp but...we kept hold of Moult for virtually his entire contract. Big Kev hasn't hit anything like Moult levels for folk to be chapping our door IMO.

Edited by capt_oats

21 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I think DT has found his level. Bottom Champ/League 1. Probably kick about there for a decade.

He'll always be remembered fondly by me for coming on in the 5-0 game Vs St Mirren, taking the absolute piss out of Jim Goodwin for a good ten minutes then Goodwin getting hooked off. 

I absolutely love that he’s randomly chose to hate us.

David Martindale looks like a Rangers da, sounds like a Rangers da and is a Rangers da.

He’d fit in well with rangers’ support. He’s got his criminal conviction for drug dealing and proceeds of crime order to hang in his wall.

Been watching QOTS vs Partick, and big Darragh O’Connor was excellent in the first half with a couple of goal saving clearances. He was a little bit sloppy in possession a couple of times but looks very capable at Championship level despite playing in that terrible QOTS team.

…and literally as I hit send, Queens concede.

5 hours ago, steelmen said:

He’d fit in well with rangers’ support. He’s got his criminal conviction for drug dealing and proceeds of crime order to hang in his wall.

His ankle tag was removed years ago so not quite.