Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I don't think the Sammon signing was that bad in isolation but given we already had Main and Bowman upfront at the time... what the f**k are you doing man?

That was my thoughts exactly too. I was hoping we'd maybe get a fast striker or a skilful striker to compliment what we already had and we ended up with another one exactly the same. 

30 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

That was my thoughts exactly too. I was hoping we'd maybe get a fast striker or a skilful striker to compliment what we already had and we ended up with another one exactly the same. 

We ended up with a balder, worse version of Curtis Main to complement Curtis Main. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

The goal celebration that never was.

giphy.gif

And we're too sexy for St Mirran

Too sexy for St Mirran

Newco, and the Tax man

Seems we have a sneak preview of next years 3rd strip folks, look forward to the 'fishal trying to justify it.

"This dynamic top harks back to our mid 90's glory when we had quite a few tits on display. Macron have teamed up with us again with their unique ultradriTM wick-away antiperspirant technology for peak celebration performance."

Edited by Kapowzer

Just now, Ron Aldo said:
8 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:
Am I mental or would Andy Considine do a job?

What job we talking here? Kiosks? Working in the 'Well shop? Is he any good at social media?

Dancing videos?

I don't think Andy Considine is the answer to anything (for precisely the reasons @crazylegsjoe_mfc mentions above) but if Lamie is indeed away then it probably puts us in the market for a left sided centre back (unless McGinley is that guy and we're in the market for an actual left back).

I'd actually be quite interested to know who our best centre back is statistically speaking as it feels like in isolation all 4 probably show up pretty well in the nuts and bolts stuff when it comes to defending ie: aerial duels, interceptions etc but it's more that we're missing something on the intangibles side of things - a presence who'll organise and take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Fwiw, according to WhoScored.com we're top when it comes to Aerial Duels Won and 2nd in interceptions.

168240557_ScreenShot2022-04-06at09_20_48.thumb.png.8e545ed6fd0ff862814c8ba9ae58df41.png
1361476466_ScreenShot2022-04-06at09_21_27.thumb.png.397f9913bfdd07740dbe86700b52fcc1.png

Edited by capt_oats

I must be turning into a right auld c**t because for me, "aerial duels won" & "interceptions" can get in the sea.  Americanised shite!

"Yes" or "No" works for me when it comes to working out whether someone is a good defender or not. 

2 minutes ago, Desp said:

I must be turning into a right auld c**t because for me, "aerial duels won" & "interceptions" can get in the sea.  Americanised shite!

"Yes" or "No" works for me when it comes to working out whether someone is a good defender or not. 

I totally agree with you - but whether we like it or not, this is precisely the sort of stuff that will be getting used in actual recruitment decisions by the club - this is what “data driven” amounts to. 

15 minutes ago, Desp said:

What if they measured "heeders" and "big crunchin' tackles" instead?