Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

7 hours ago, well fan for life said:

If any of you crack a joke about Alexander being sacked today and it turns out to be an April fool I hope your next curry turns up cold. 

I saw one first thing this morning and completely fell for it 🤦🏼‍♂️😂 It was a fan account and it had been made to look like a genuine club statement. I didn't realise it was the first of April and can't believe I fell hook, line and sinker for it.

14 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Johnston looks to have filled out a bit and will surely get his chance in pre-season/LC groups.

I wouldn't be averse to giving DOC another year too purely to fill the acronym gap left by MOH.

I think we need at least a trio of players who all refer to playing at Fear Perk.

Only a quick glance so may have miscalculated but I think we will be in the top six if
- we win
- we draw so long as both Hibs (at Hearts) and Ross County (at Aberdeen) don't win
- we lose but Hibs also lose (at Hearts) and Aberdeen v Ross County is a draw

1 hour ago, JamesP_81 said:

Slattery starts , we stop playing hoofball and we win . Obviously totally coincidental so expect business as usual next week.  

I want to just enjoy to today and see it as us maybe turning a corner, but I've got the absolute fear that's the case. 

In the space of a year we've went from literally never scoring equalisers to needing one every week. Encouraging amount of spirit in the squad though,  I still have no fucking idea what Alexander has been playing at for the last three months but at least he doesn't appear to have lost the dressing room.

4 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

In the space of a year we've went from literally never scoring equalisers to needing one every week. Encouraging amount of spirit in the squad though,  I still have no fucking idea what Alexander has been playing at for the last three months but at least he doesn't appear to have lost the dressing room.

That's something remarked on before and I find it absolutely unbelievable given how modern players are portrayed. Had Slattery chucked it, had KVV gone in the huff over being hung out to dry, had Kelly complained about his reputation being shredded, had SOD kicked off for being dropped (deservedly but he's captain and an international) etc etc then 1) you wouldn't have been surprised and 2) would have expected the board to act.

42 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

I'm kinda new here, but I'm guessing Captain Saintsible is a bit of a weird egg...?!

I stoopitly responded to a post, but I quickly realised there was a difference of, erm, mindsets.

He's been rattling on about the 1977 game since er 1977.

Disappeared for a few years (probably to get his maths O Level) but reappeared a few weeks ago. 

Robinson's numero uno fanboy.

6 hours ago, KirkySuperSub said:

I'm kinda new here, but I'm guessing Captain Saintsible is a bit of a weird egg...?!

I stoopitly responded to a post, but I quickly realised there was a difference of, erm, mindsets.

Indeed. He also seems to have disappeared for ages (years?) and has recently returned. 
My, how we all missed him and welcome him back with open arms….

To the game…

I went shopping yesterday afternoon to try and avoid the misery of following the game. As I walked in the door of Aldi I made the mistake of checking flashscores on my phone, just as St Mirren scored the opener. 

The “JUST f**k OFF Alexander” that was meant to be internal, came out, rather loudly, drawing looks of confusion and disgust from other customers going about their business. A sort of MFC Tourette’s if you will. 

Anyway, always thought it would end well and that Alexander was a great manager. 😳