Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 minutes ago, Desp said:

Buzzing for the next Irish lad to sign so we can recreate this iconic picture. 

_42403943_irishtrio203.jpg

TBF thats now two signings you've made from Bohemians but the best youngster is still there, potentially making a play to get him by bringing in his mates.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF thats now two signings you've made from Bohemians but the best youngster is still there, potentially making a play to get him by bringing in his mates.

Devoy signed a new deal quite recently although only to the end of this season (I'd be very up for us signing him tbf).

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Devoy signed a new deal quite recently although only to the end of this season (I'd be very up for us signing him tbf).

I'd imagine half the UK will be after him (again) this Summer.

Seems one who'll happy take a lesser offer if hes guaranteed a game and an enjoyable environment, based on comments hes made in the past. A Scottish club who'll play him every week beside some mates feels a good jumping point to England, I'd wager.

24 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

On a slightly related note. I went and bought that Bob Marley Bohs away strip.

Belter.

It looks cracking. 

Who could we have on a Motherwell strip ? 

Marvin Gaye had a song “Give in, you just can’t win”. Would be quite appropriate 😏

43 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

On a slightly related note. I went and bought that Bob Marley Bohs away strip.

Belter.

Reading the official reasoning for issuing it, makes the spiel we were given about our black and amber one suddenly seem semi-plausible.

Surely his estate must be like .... WTF?

Get your votes in folks

image.png.a3d0f6dbd4b0323c4c9b326ef415b152.png

If you buy a ticket you won’t be there long. Raffle, finger buffet, Tam making a joke about Will Smith and a 70’s sitcom ….. there you go Mr Kelly, all will be done in half an hour.

Edited by Kapowzer

I'd imagine half the UK will be after him (again) this Summer.
Seems one who'll happy take a lesser offer if hes guaranteed a game and an enjoyable environment, based on comments hes made in the past. A Scottish club who'll play him every week beside some mates feels a good jumping point to England, I'd wager.
Sounds like the exact opposite of us at the moment.

I don't imagine "we'll give you a modest wage, the manager will play you at random regardless of form and half the squad don't like him anyway" would be the best sell.

8 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I see the club have Mahon down until June 2023 but his agent (or someone doing a very weird and niche joke) are saying 2.5 years. Assume that just means there's an option on someone's end.

Same agency that reps Darragh O'Connor. Having a look though yer man's TL they seem to have a ton of Irish players on their books (including @RandomGuy.'s boy Dawson Devoy).

Spoiler
Edited by capt_oats

10 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I see the club have Mahon down until June 2023 but his agent (or someone doing a very weird and niche joke) are saying 2.5 years. Assume that just means there's an option on someone's end.

At first glance I thought you'd signed Adam Rooney.

12 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Get your votes in folks

image.png.a3d0f6dbd4b0323c4c9b326ef415b152.png

If you buy a ticket you won’t be there long. Raffle, finger buffet, Tam making a joke about Will Smith and a 70’s sitcom ….. there you go Mr Kelly, all will be done in half an hour.

So long as it keeps Cowan from his reign of terror on Instagram for a few hours, that's got to be a win.

15 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

I did not see "Anywhere across the front 3" in that. Colour me surprised!

Although, "steps needed toward becoming a first team player" looks like he'll be on the bench beside former teammate Tierney, for a while anyway. Less the boost we need now and more potential replacement for Roberts when his deal ends in summer?

He seems to be an actual winger going by the write up Bohs gave him.

Given his age it's probably up for debate what he actually is ie: is he for the first team in the same way as Tierney (the announcement was a First team thing) or Reserves with a view to developing (are the Reserves even really a thing any more).

I'd have thought he'd be more a replacement for Amaluzor than Roberts

1310539253_ScreenShot2022-03-29at10_39_16.thumb.png.b27a2cf9d492de7b4b4c67ae82c83c45.png

I notice that the story on the official doesn't mention that he's been in training with us for a while. The Record mentioned in their story that he'd been photographed back in February and I seem to remember a it was mentioned by someone who knows these things that we had a few in at that point.

756555699_ScreenShot2022-03-29at10_52_36.thumb.png.0fed5427607fa740d795f9898f1da441.png

Edited by capt_oats

On 22/03/2022 at 16:12, NorthBank said:

Tony has just retired from his job as CEO. We have advertised for a Chief Operating Officer to run the club on a day to day basis with less power than Tony had. Maybe Lasley applied.

Aye, that'd make much more sense. A gamble but an understandable one.