Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

23 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I know the tombola has been mentioned a million and one times, but I’d honestly be starting Tierney, Shaw and Slattery every week.

Tbf, when he signed I don't think anyone actually expected Tierney to come in and be starting every week.

He was always someone who'd be "managed" and dropped in and out of the team between him signing in January and the end of the season IMO.

So it's a massive eye roll to see some of the takes on Twitter dot com after he scored.

Having said that, I think we're probably in a position now where we'd be as well just playing our best team and seeing what happens.

Get the wee man in the team.

Edited by capt_oats

3 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I know the tombola has been mentioned a million and one times, but I’d honestly be starting Tierney, Shaw and Slattery every week.

I can barely remember what Shaw looks like never mind if he is any good.

Edited by ropy

1 hour ago, ropy said:

I can barely remember what Shaw looks like never mind if he is any good.

Massive, buzz cut, can't play against Celtic (contractual) or Hearts (ineffectual) will also have to wait till his number comes up in the weekly lotto (factual).

Whereas I go through a ritual every night involving crystals, monks chanting and sacrificing a chicken to try and forget Nathan McGinley.

.... not working

Edited by Kapowzer

20 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

So long as it keeps #therealtamcowan from his reign of terror on Instagram for a few hours, that's got to be a win.

Please...

11 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

SOD is actually looking like a footballer 

It's amazing what happens when you allow a footballer to play their natural game.

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

That's a class finish. Motm as well I see.

His goal against St Mirren was a properly class first time effort as well.

54 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I reckon he could be smashing for us, if given the chance.

Aye, I mean, the games he's been chucked in to start have been pretty tough gigs. Hearts at Tynecastle and Rangers at Ibrox.

He got 50 mins off the bench against St Mirren as a replacement for Shaw and scored, won the penalty off the bench against Morton. His only other meaningful minutes were 45 off the bench against Celtic when we were 3-0 down.

Other than that it's been 18 mins against Hibs, 27 mins against United and 14 mins against Dundee.

Tbh, given his circumstances I wouldn't really have expected him to play much more than that but there's been enough to like from him IMO. Get the wee man in the team and give him a run I say.

The full game is up on RTE player and it's interesting to see that he's playing wide right in a 3421/523 sort of shape.

Edited by capt_oats

I’d quite like to see DOC get another year. I thought he did quite well in the LC group stages despite the general shitshow we served up. Not sure how he’s been getting on at QOTS but have noticed he’s been getting regular game time.
I don’t see any reason why he couldn’t take Lamie’s place in the squad for next season as back up to Sol/Bevis/Ojala.
He’s likely to be on less money than Lamie too so GA use the savings to go invest in some new midfielders to punt the ball over.