Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

One moment I completely forgot about from last night's match but hugely enjoyed was when we won a corner late on after going down to ten men.

Everyone was a bit in disarray still and as Sol jogged forward, Lucketti seemed to be shouting at him to stay back. They had a bit of to and fro before Sol just waved his protests away and headed up for the corner anyway.

5 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

I'm on holiday so a bit out of the loop. Is there anything in the Doidge chat? Like others, I'd take him in a second.

Maybe it's time for this thread to do it's thing again...

Where are ye?

15 hours ago, ropy said:

What formation did we actually go to when we made the last changes last night, I was caught up in watching KVV as the lone striker that I didn’t take in what the rest of the personnel were doing.

Lone striker must be a dream come true for KVV, no expectation that he passes to anyone, just run for the goal and shoot, his natural game really.

Looked a bit like Mike Bassetts christmas pudding formation at the end up. 

14 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
8 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:
McGinley looks exactly like an Irish guy I was friends with at uni. I wish him well on that basis.

Is he an architect? He looks exactly like an architect I know through work.

It’s long established that he looks like Toby Flenderson this talk of Uni friends and architects is just muddying the water.

1 minute ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I wonder if they are looking to bring two defenders in. One for Souttar to go to Ibrox and one to cover Halkett's injury.

Hadn't realised Halkett was injured, that would make sense, suppose going forward given that they play with CB's having a couple of spares isn't the worst shout, don't imagine Mugabi would put too much strain on their finances and he is more than capable at this level.

36 minutes ago, rambunctious said:

I get serious Joe Chalmers vibes from McGinley.

In terms of awkwardness not looks obviously.

Chalmers has long hair now apparently and actually looks quite suave. Convinced he'd have been a roaring success here if he pitched up looking like that.

I'm fairly sure a Hearts side that's obsessed with data scouting, the English market, and getting value for money, will shell out for a 31yo CB who can't get a game for Aberdeen.

38 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

what can we expect with this one folks?

Good lad, young, plenty potential and looks like he'd fulfill it pretty quickly. Was cutting about the place on crutches recently so he'll be in need of game time.

He's been the focus of quite a bit of our #content on the socials which is quite often a decent indicator of who the club has high hopes for and therefore want to promote his #brandportfolio

Edited by Al B