Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

The write up from Michael Gannon in the Record says:

It's not the most reliable of sources but that 2nd video I posted yesterday suggests that he holds a work permit.

It was published by whatever agency it is on 5th October 2021.

923845083_ScreenShot2022-01-26at11_46_08.thumb.png.1fec18cbfddcd8a47550f72d11c77f9d.png

I'd have thought if it was subject to a work permit being granted it'd have mentioned in the news story when he was announced yesterday.

Cheers for that . On different theme I see , according to Maloney, that other than the ex Hearts guy who is expected to be on the bench , none of Hibs' new signings will be available tonight . 

Nice.

1 hour ago, Marinello said:

Cheers for that . On different theme I see , according to Maloney, that other than the ex Hearts guy who is expected to be on the bench , none of Hibs' new signings will be available tonight . 

Nice.

Harry Clarke has a hamstring injury and Melkerson apparently got injured in a bounce game, Henderson and Mueller both out too?

someone also mentioned that Paul Hanlon might be injured too, already without Porteous the defence could be a bit make shift.

got a good feeling about tonight I think which I don't often against Hibs.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

This game can't be seen enough

This was a Friday night game, wasn't it?  I remember having a c**t of a journey home from work (delayed/cancelled train) which meant be not getting back home until about 7pm.  Decided to just watch the game in the house.  It seemed a great idea at half time, before Faddy & Higginbotham showed up with wonder goals in the second half! 

1 hour ago, Swello said:

This game can't be seen enough

My day is immediately brightened by any appearance of Michael Higdon. 

McPake calling him a fat b*****d right at the end of the first half to then get taken to the woodshed for 45 minutes in the second half. Tremendous value. 

1 minute ago, well fan for life said:

McPake calling him a fat b*****d right at the end of the first half to then get taken to the woodshed for 45 minutes in the second half. Tremendous value. 

Those highlights cut off before he seeks McPake out after he scores. Now there is a bit of distance back to that team - Higdon just goes up in my all-time list - what a player.

1 hour ago, Desp said:

This was a Friday night game, wasn't it?  I remember having a c**t of a journey home from work (delayed/cancelled train) which meant be not getting back home until about 7pm.  Decided to just watch the game in the house.  It seemed a great idea at half time, before Faddy & Higginbotham showed up with wonder goals in the second half! 

I had arranged a night out before this got switched to the Friday night. A curry then over to the pub, grabbed a table and looked up, there was a screen in front of us and the second half was starting, an excellent 45 minutes and evening in general.

I’ve travelled early today so thought I would have a walk round the town for old times sake.  The Motherwell boys must love a Turkish Barber, hundreds of them including ‘Motherwell’s Oldest’, I take it Ronnies is closed. 

43 minutes ago, Swello said:

Higdon just goes up in my all-time list - what a player.

I don't think Tommy Coyne will ever be topped as my favourite Motherwell striker (or player!) of all time, but Michael Higdon comfortably takes second spot.

18 minutes ago, ropy said:

I’ve travelled early today so thought I would have a walk round the town for old times sake.  The Motherwell boys must love a Turkish Barber, hundreds of them including ‘Motherwell’s Oldest’, I take it Ronnies is closed. 

I remember when Ronnie’s was the new kid on the block - used to visit Hope’s in The Loaning for my haircuts.

And while Higdon and Coyne are always high on my centre forward list, they don’t eclipse St John, McBride, Deans or Pettigrew. The Well have enjoyed some brilliant centre forwards when you think about it 

Was that not a different game when Higdon scored an overhead free-kick then ran up to McPake to rub his 'belly ' in front of him? I think of that every time I see McPake being interviewed. [emoji1]

Was that not a different game when Higdon scored an overhead free-kick then ran up to McPake to rub his 'belly ' in front of him? I think of that every time I see McPake being interviewed. [emoji1]
That was a superb game. Murphy also scoring if memory serves. Maybe 2-0 or 3-0?

The Higdon overhead kick was the most unexpected, awe inspiring thing I've ever seen. 

I remember the original game being abandoned and everyone taking handfuls of vouchers to get into the rearranged game. I'm sure about 9,000 showed up for the 2nd game. 

Some atmosphere anaw. 

As I write this I can't ignore the Grezzaball 2021 calendar year league table but sometimes I wonder what is going on, there must be method to it.

Same team bar KVV that hardly set the heather alight on Saturday. Donnelly daft second yellow in a part of the pitch that makes it uber-double daft to pick another one up. What was it 7-10 minutes to haul off Tierney and Roberts for Slattery (praise be) and Shaw. I can only guess it was felt in those intervening minutes, despite us having lost a battling midfielder and having a better one on the bench, we'll see how we do .... erm nope, OK let's shore up and take a point.

Donnelly's suspension means Slattery can't be overlooked again .... surely?

The 4-1 game on the Friday night was my birthday, Faddy had just come back and turned in one of the best performances I had ever seen that night. It was after scoring his header that night that Higdon done the belly pat celebration to McPake.

The overhead kick was another game, we won 4-3. Higdon scored that goal plus two penalties to complete his hat-trick and Murphy got the other.

We had a great team back then.