Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

I am quite sure after his performance v Killie a week ago his suitors were a lot less than 10. 

Alexander and Lasley were supposedly at the game. Again would not be surprised if we decided against any move. I have not seen any confirmation we actually offered a PCA. Just speculation we were interested. 

He may come good but not overly bothered he has reportedly joined Dundee. 

No supposedly about it. They were on camera at Firhill. They were definitely at the game.

Possibly entirely unrelated but Alexander was very quick to shut down chat of a "direct replacement" for Watt when it was confirmed he'd fucked off. That was a couple of days after he and Lasley had been at Firhill (presumably watching Rudden rather than giving Robbie Crawford support).

I'd be surprised if we based any decision on one game (I agree he was underwhelming against Killie) but I wouldn't be surprised if we cooled our jets a bit and I mentioned this in the Dundee thread, when it comes down to it chances are he gets more of a shot of starting at Dens than he does here.

If he signs with us does he start ahead of Van Veen? Nope, absolutely not. Does he start ahead of Danny Mullen? Possibly.

If he signs with us he probably arrives as a project in the same way Conor Shields is. Maybe that didn't appeal and fair enough. McPake and Dundee chuck an extra couple of hundred quid a week his way and make a realistic pitch that he starts for them.

I'm happy enough we were taking a look at him as he's exactly the profile of player worth our time but all things considered...

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

24 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I hate when we have to play the same team 2 weeks running.

Can’t imagine the players like it much either. 

I'd normally expect to lose one and win the other, but this Aberdeen team are about as rough and tough as a blanket, and expect us to beat them every time we play them this season.

13 minutes ago, Swello said:

Even though he looked like he'd been plucked from the family section - I was really impressed with Tierney today - always looking to do the right thing. Looking forward to seeing more of him...

He looked bizarrely small in the warm up but did a turn when he came on.  I think slight is the term to describe his stature.

12 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Tierney looks like the sort of player that came through out youth ranks in about 2007 physically.

Like Jamie Pollock but good.

I mean, this is taking more a tangent than a rocking horse, but I'm playing FM09 and Motherwell youth team is stacked in places.

Motherwell.thumb.png.756cc167c8d17cf0cd7f225624ee9d2e.png

Reserves have an 18yo Jamie Murphy, and Mark Archdeacon, who always turned out class in this I'm sure.