Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Casagolda said:

The 6-0 game was some laugh though eh?

Biggest domestic victory I can remember in my 20 odd years going to Fir Park. Can only think of the Flamutari game where we gave someone a bigger doing,

We should probably have hit at least 7 against Cove IMO but we spent the second half treating McFadden like a make a wish kid for some reason.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

37 minutes ago, ropy said:

I assume someone else would have been allowed to take the penalties as well.

The only difference between Watt and KVV is the two pens which Watt scored (don't get me wrong, he won them himself and still had to step up and score) and KVV has a better goals per minute ratio even taking the pens in to consideration.

As for Watt's interview, I have no issue with a player doing what they think is best to support themselves financially, but it's the "I'm not motivated by money" interviews which follow that piss me off. I'd have a lot more respect for him if he came out and said "I got a great deal financially and Dundee United are only six points behind Motherwell".

Same way that Cadden gave those interviews saying he didn't do Motherwell over. He knew what he was doing and I've no problem with that, but just keep schtum and don't play the innocent.

Tbh, I found the interview unintentionally hilarious. It's an absolute car crash on so many levels.

I didn't read it as a "f**k you" or anything I just read it as him really awkwardly trying to flex and he seems quite rattled by the criticism he's taking. Also, his talking about himself in the 3rd person is absolute *chef's kiss*.

Talking at length and trying to show how unbothered he is by getting called out has the same energy...

giphy.gif

42 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Tbh, I found the interview unintentionally hilarious. It's an absolute car crash on so many levels.

I didn't read it as a "f**k you" or anything I just read it as him really awkwardly trying to flex and he seems quite rattled by the criticism he's taking. Also, his talking about himself in the 3rd person is absolute *chef's kiss*.

Talking at length and trying to show how unbothered he is by getting called out has the same energy...

giphy.gif

From reading this and other variations reported elsewhere I thought the reactions he didn’t care about were from pundits who all mostly said they didn’t understand why he would leave Motherwell (unless it was for the money) so I didn’t take it as a dig at ‘Well fans.  He attempts to thank Motherwell for the platform they have given him, but he has moved on.

Edited by ropy

You boys are affy touchy about a boy you're over!  Comments are clearly aimed at the press who have pretty much had it in for him for not becoming a world beater after scoring against Barca.  He's moved around more than most so you can't really expect him to show loyalty to Motherwell, just respect and gratitude which he has, just about, done.  I do hope his football is better than his interviews though...

1 minute ago, Finn Seemann said:

You boys are affy touchy about a boy you're over!  Comments are clearly aimed at the press who have pretty much had it in for him for not becoming a world beater after scoring against Barca.  He's moved around more than most so you can't really expect him to show loyalty to Motherwell, just respect and gratitude which he has, just about, done.  I do hope his football is better than his interviews though...

Unfollowing him on social media because he left us was secondary to my main reason that was his endless patter about NF-fucking-Ts. 

5 hours ago, capt_oats said:

giphy.gif

I also read it a bit like this. It read like something Alan Partridge would say when talking about driving to Dundee eating big toblerones.

4 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

10+ clubs are interested in him and he signs for Dundee?

3 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

What's happening in Dundee that everyone wants to move there?

American money.

Fair play to them though. If anything can stop them being yo yo shite it's money.

Edited by Busta Nut

17 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

10+ clubs are interested in him and he signs for Dundee?

I am quite sure after his performance v Killie a week ago his suitors were a lot less than 10. 

Alexander and Lasley were supposedly at the game. Again would not be surprised if we decided against any move. I have not seen any confirmation we actually offered a PCA. Just speculation we were interested. 

He may come good but not overly bothered he has reportedly joined Dundee.