Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

56 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Really? Why are you not spending more throughout the squad

I think they're trying to be smart with it, which is fine. £150k offer for Deas which would've been the highest fee we've spent in decades, but he'd have been first choice for years.

No point wasting good money on bad. Very few players will want to join us this month when we're quite clearly destined for the bottom two at best.

Completely agree on Andy Rose. Another one I'd put in the same category was Giles Coke. All the talk was about Jennings but I think Coke was another one of those players where it was common to not realise what he was doing until he wasn't there to do it.

Also for all the talk about past speed-merchants at the club, his sprint just before the pass-back f**k-up in the 6-6 game is some Matrix time-bending shit.

On 27/01/2020 at 16:16, Luke92 said:

I've personally always been in the 'Tony Watt seems like a wee fanny' camp, on that basis I'd give him a massive swerve.

In all seriousness, I think his general play has always been quite decent but his his goal record is pretty meh. The amount of clubs he has been to also isn't the best.

My mate is a St Johnstone fan and was far from devastated when he left, sounds like there is maybe mixed opinion on that though.

Chances are he will chase the $$$ abroad anyway, next stop the Persian Gulf League

That Watt interview is absolutely honking.

Always trust your instincts

3 minutes ago, Al B said:

Completely agree on Andy Rose. Another one I'd put in the same category was Giles Coke. All the talk was about Jennings but I think Coke was another one of those players where it was common to not realise what he was doing until he wasn't there to do it.

Also for all the talk about past speed-merchants at the club, his sprint just before the pass-back f**k-up in the 6-6 game is some Matrix time-bending shit.

Giles Coke was a poor man's Stephen Pearson. 

Steve Jennings was the absolute fucking boy. Genuinely one of my favourite players of the last 20 years. I think only Higdon is above him. 

Just read Watt's interview on the BBC site - fucking hell.

I don't know what I'd expect him to say but considering we signed him when literally no one else wanted him, you'd think he be a bit more appreciative. It's a bit of a "f**k you" to the club and the fans.

I particularly enjoyed his "Motherwell would be lower in the table if it wasn't for my goals" line. He can't possibly know that and I'm pretty sure KVV has a better goals to games ratio. It's also not as though we'd have been playing with 10 men every week.

36 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

The 6-0 game was some laugh though eh?

Biggest domestic victory I can remember in my 20 odd years going to Fir Park. Can only think of the Flamutari game where we gave someone a bigger doing,

Fucking hell, I loved that team. 

Motherwell socials are really trying their best to jinx us in tomorrow's match.
Screenshot_20220121-095245_Twitter.thumb.jpg.9735cefeb97bef5741c4642ce4ea3567.jpg

They have since replaced it with the following tweet:

Why does one photo of Michael Higdon provide so much joy.

Sitting on the bus to work with a huge grin on my face.

51 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I don't know what I'd expect him to say but considering we signed him when literally no one else wanted him, you'd think he be a bit more appreciative. It's a bit of a "f**k you" to the club and the fans.

I particularly enjoyed his "Motherwell would be lower in the table if it wasn't for my goals" line. He can't possibly know that and I'm pretty sure KVV has a better goals to games ratio. It's also not as though we'd have been playing with 10 men every week.

Given his whole 'pump the badge, point to the pitch' thing whenever he scored, I thought there would at least be some sort of post on his socials to say cheers for the memories sort of thing. As you say, the interview has a "f**k you" after taste to it.

I also thought the interview was a bit disingenuous in terms of the move not being about money. It goes without saying that if he was purely chasing cash he'd be in Dubai over Dundee, but then the things he says about Dundee giving him a settled family life and the like? Surely he's just negatively affected that by adding an extra 2-3 hours every day away from his family? Nobody is buying the "sporting reasons" line when you move to a direct competitor who just happens to be paying much more money. Nobody of sound mind would blame him if he said he was trying to set his family up, no need for the pish.

Despite it all I'm still pretty much 'meh' about him leaving. Have thoroughly enjoyed watching him this season, but better have and will leave us. At least now I don't need to turn a blind eye to his diving.

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

I assume someone else would have been allowed to take the penalties as well.

1 hour ago, Casagolda said:

The 6-0 game was some laugh though eh?

Biggest domestic victory I can remember in my 20 odd years going to Fir Park. Can only think of the Flamutari game where we gave someone a bigger doing,

That first goal was a disaster from a defensive point of view, no attempt to clear it.  Great to see.