Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I outlined it previously in the thread but ideally £200k + the difference of making the top 6 or not (non refundable even if we make it) + a wee bit more for Utd being dicks and conducting their business via the press and he doesn’t get to play against us in any competition this season.
I appreciate will won’t get all of that but it should be along those lines. 

What would you consider appropriate?

What about in the real world?

38 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

I absolutely understand the reality here, and the various pros and cons outlined above, and that we may actually have made the very best of a not so bad lot.

Nonetheless, I feel obliged to state for the record that I am incredibly pissed off by the whole affair, and I will be one of the first to pile in with the abuse should Dundee Utd continue their slide down the table; or should they start moving up the table; or, indeed, should they stay exactly where they are. In summary, whatever the outcome, abuse looks to be pretty much guaranteed.

PCAs are a total nonsense to be fair.  Puts the club with the player in a really difficult place, but presumably you did try to keep him and maybe there should be a compensation formula based on what the club had offered him to stay?  Albeit that is difficult if that club is strapped and can't offer the numbers that they would like to - commerce in a nutshell really.  

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

In all likelihood we have recovered all the money that we have paid Watt over the past two years, it’s as if it never happened.

Probably true - no doubt we'll have overpaid for him.  We negotiate like a fat kid in a sweet shop with his birthday money...

15 minutes ago, Finn Seemann said:

presumably you did try to keep him and maybe there should be a compensation formula based on what the club had offered him to stay?  

He's far too old for Motherwell to get compensation from the PCA.

United chucking 6 figures at them for Watt, when they literally get him for nothing in ~5 months, while comfortably sitting mid-table and clearly won't be finishing top 3, is a bit mental to me. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

Remains to be seen whether this has a detrimental impact on our season and provides United with the hopeful upturn envisioned after paying 6 figure fee to get him onboard early.

Make no mistake Tony Watt was excellent this season. Even when he was not scoring he was getting through a power of work helping the team. If he maintains that then United have themselves a very good player. He is perhaps more mature now so I am not sure we will see the Watt that had little impact at Hearts or St Johnstone. Naturally I will be hoping we do 😛.

Just watched the pre match gaffer interview and almost forgot about Jordan Roberts when the interviewer mentioned the 3 that had joined this window. I wonder if he will get more game time now. 

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's far too old for Motherwell to get compensation from the PCA.

United chucking 6 figures at them for Watt, when they literally get him for nothing in ~5 months, while comfortably sitting mid-table and clearly won't be finishing top 3, is a bit mental to me. 

I was obviously suggesting that there could be compensation for players of all ages and not just development compensation.  I'm aware there isn't anything at the moment...

I agree that paying big bucks for him now is stupid when we've got the Fermer/Fun buffer from relegation.