Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Always thought Ripley was a far better keeper than Long (for us anyway). Both are the same age but Long has gone on to have a far better career.

It's trange how football works sometimes. Maybe we're all just missing something.

I remember Rippers having a few howlers but was a good keeper overall.

With regards to Shaw signing. If GA thinks it improves our first 11 then I’m all for it. I doubt Celtic would have let him come to us without some reassurances. Slattery is a nailed on starter but it’s upto the rest to fight for places in the middle for me. Maybe a bit overloaded but he’ll improve us and if it’s the difference between staying steady in top 6 or pushing for European football then I’m sure we all know what we’d rather...

Just switched the telly on to see Trevor Carson brilliantly tipping a Delle Ali effort over the bar in front of a full house in the FA Cup vs Spurs. Some first game after being parked on the bench at Tannadice.

Potential upset on the cards too with Morecambe 1 up.

16 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Just switched the telly on to see Trevor Carson brilliantly tipping a Delle Ali effort over the bar in front of a full house in the FA Cup vs Spurs. Some first game after being parked on the bench at Tannadice.

Potential upset on the cards too with Morecambe 1 up.

You've done whatever this equivalent of the '"commentator's curse" is...
image.png.54b8a84b8f0dba2bdf3786f11cf05f05.png

3 minutes ago, Swello said:

I thought someone would have noticed the bugging device that Burrows left in the St Johnstone boardroom by now.

Someone did, sadly the "offer Ali Crawford a 2.5yr deal" rouse backfired spectacularly, so nobody believed it.

I would assume if we wanted Rudden in this window then that would be on the basis that Watt would be moving on.  Don't know much about the guy in all honesty.  But seems quite a few clubs sniffing about so must be decent enough with perhaps more potential.

Rumours that Villa have offered £800k for the lad Kerr at United.  That would surely help towards helping to meet fee for Watt to leave.  No idea what we would be asking for or what would represent a fair price.  He is after all the top goal scorer in the top league.  £200-250k ???  United probably trying with circa low ball £100k.

I see the story is that we're just "interested" rather than having put a bid in as yet.

Tbh, I definitely don't see Rudden as any sort of Tony Watt replacement but he absolutely has Conor Shields vibes (in profile rather than style of play ie: someone having a good run in the Championship). So in that respect I'm not surprised we're having a look.

22 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Lewis Grabban scoring the winner for Forest against Arsenal. I felt ancient when they called him the veteran who will be 34 on Wednesday.

I certainly wouldn't have predicted his career from his handful of appearances for us.

He must have been barely out of nappies when he played for us.

43 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I certainly wouldn't have predicted his career from his handful of appearances for us.

I wouldn't either, but I seem to remember he did come to us in the "highly rated youngster" category... which often means nothing, of course. His last two moves have been for £7m and £6m though, so he's certainly made a good career for himself.