Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Interesting that's the player at Hibs you flagged as 'wide forward to play off the left' given there's another really obvious one there whose contract is up in the summer (and who has actually made more appearances than I expected for someone whose knee is held together by sellotape).

Not that I'm advocating signing him more that he was pretty much the first player I thought of given Maloney seems to be having a bit of an overhaul.

I've honestly not seen enough of Murphy since he came back up to have much of an opinion, but it has a bit of an air of inevitably about it for me.

We could probably do a lot worse, anyway.

We could start a legends team with Murphy and noises about United wanting to punt Reynolds.  They could play a 30 minute game pre-match and encourage the punters in early to avoid that crowding that the medical people don’t like at the moment.

6 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

he's an 8 playing as a 10 rather than a 10 that could potentially become a 9, if that makes sense.

6 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Scenes when we deploy him as the Raumdeuter.

Yeah I was gonna say, I am against positions now being numbers. Give me the lingo version please!

It seems like Court's now writes to the Daily Record hacks with his Christmas list rather than sending it to Santa.

• I'd like the leagues top scorer
  • I'd love it if he could come early
  • It would be nice if we could offload our shite too

"Consider it printed Mr Courts"

2 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

It seems like Court's now writes to the Daily Record hacks with his Christmas list rather than sending it to Santa.

• I'd like the leagues top scorer
  • I'd love it if he could come early
  • It would be nice if we could offload our shite too

"Consider it printed Mr Courts"

Hasn't that always been how stories get in the paper - "you print my slevers and I'll feed you some good stuff later"?

On a similar theme, I did notice an interesting line in this Record piece:

That hasn't gone down well with Motherwell fans and it would be in the best interests of all concerned to bring that move forward to this month before the transfer window slams shut on January 31.

..which sounds even more like it is coming directly from someone with an interest in Watt's transfer going through before the league resumes. Watt moving now being "best for all concerned" is at least a pretty debateable point and I prefer the old fashioned method of using a source close the deal said when dropping these things in...

57 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Yeah I was gonna say, I am against positions now being numbers. Give me the lingo version please!

:lol: aye fair. I basically meant that I know he's been playing as an attacking midfielder, but he strikes me more as a central midfielder who's been playing further forward, than a natural attacking player we could use as a striking option. But I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

If this helps. Shows where he does 'hings

tierney.png.3696bce1de68d24a7251dc16ee7de6d2.png

Essentially we've been messed about here as we were with Dec to Aberdeen. We've had the rugged pulled with Cadden/Oxford/Columbus and countless other wee bits and pieces over the years.

We've sometimes done it ourselves, Chris Humphrey being one that stands out and didn't we benefit with cross border rules with Louis?

Sometimes you win (Dec and his demise), sometimes you win big (400k for Hastie after his purple patch), sometimes you get a kick in the baws. I'd say these all even out but like in life the bigger and wealthier you are, the more you get away with stuff.

Scott is an interesting one as he genuinely looks like he's forgotten how to play football at hibs.

That said, he did all his best work wide (and in front of the St mirren family stand) rather than as a centre forward, and that's mainly what we're looking for eh?

5 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

looks like he's forgotten how to play football at hibs

The word is that he is simply unfit - and it hasnt improved - which for a laddie of his age who "runs about for a living" is pretty unforgiveable.

Sometimes when you hear these snippets you take them with a pinch of salt, but I think I have seen every minute hes played this season and I reckon hes got slower -  I could probably catch him up even though I am 30 years his senior.

Shame, the first time he got subbed on for us he looked like he had something.

As for the Murphy chat, although he doesnt have the legs these days he still has the brain and his contributions to Hibs this season have been infinitely better than Scott.

I liked Scott when he was with us. He had all the attributes to be a great "wide-forward" (not sure if there is a better term to use in Italian or German), but given he was still incredibly raw and had only really scored against St. Mirren, getting £1m for him at that point was great business, considering what's happened since.

10 hours ago, Leith Green said:

The word is that he is simply unfit - and it hasnt improved - which for a laddie of his age who "runs about for a living" is pretty unforgiveable.

I particularly enjoyed him getting a chauffeur to drive him to Oro on the southside for some pizza, a good laugh.

1 hour ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I liked Scott when he was with us. He had all the attributes to be a great "wide-forward" (not sure if there is a better term to use in Italian or German), but given he was still incredibly raw and had only really scored against St. Mirren, getting £1m for him at that point was great business, considering what's happened since.

The club again played a blinder. As with Hastie he’d hardly had a run of games before getting hyped up. I thought if he stayed with us and developed he could turn into a very decent player at the top level of Scottish football.