Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Nixon has their back-up goalie going to join Robinson at Morecambe.

Did we let Carson go on the cheap (free?) to help him relaunch his career, it would be annoying if United made money out of this, might we have a sell on?

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I could see you being intrigued by a deal that involves you getting an Appere tbh. Let Roberts loan expire and get a permanent deal done for a younger player.

Can play wide or up front. Physical. Strong runner and likes to carry the ball. Seems a very Alexander signing to me?

He is, unfortunately, gash, though.

Oh...

Now we’re talking! Couple of hundred grand for Watt in Jan and (finally) get Big Weird Kyle in to shoot us to the European places.
Lafferty and KVV up top would be good, chaotic fun.

3 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

The only Dundee United players I’d take at Fir Park would be the ones they don’t want to lose.

Same here so you’d have to imagine that’s (hopefully) a non starter. 

I’m torn between letting Watt rot in reserves or seeing if his apparent love for Motherwell can help fire us to Scottish Cup glory.

I don't know enough about most of the Dundee United players and the ones I do know about are no better (or worse) than what we've got.

If they chuck some cash our way then I'd let Watt leave tomorrow. Alexander seems to have no issues in leaving players out if he doesn't feel they're committed. With that being the case I don't see the point in keeping Watt around as he's unlikely to play the 2nd half of the season.

Courts is already on the record saying if they don't get Tony in Jan they need to go to the market. So it's gonna cost them whatever they do and I'm sure Chairman Flao knows this.

Most of their starters are on approx. 3k a week or more which blows us out the water - I got that on good authority. Therefore agents know half a seasons salary there is 60-75k, add on league place prize money and any transfer fee for the alternative player to Tony opposed to him being a free agent has to be considered plus hassle factor for them in what we look for.

I'd say we're looking in or around the 200k territory with Dundee Utd looking at shelling out 300k-ish for that 6 months to secure him early (200k + adding in his salary). They've already committed at least £0.5m in salary for Tony until May 2025.

If Courts is going for the relatively safe bet of the league's current top scorer, I can't see him going for a cheap/untested/kid want a chance to prove himself option as a stopgap.

16 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

where you hearing this emoji848.png

Instagram..donsgossip...quoted as unlikely but would be delicious if true. Could be completely fictitious made up shite but made me giggle.

image_2022-01-03_195624.png

Edited by Well Well

1 hour ago, Well Well said:

Instagram..donsgossip...quoted as unlikely but would be delicious if true. 

Why? 

He still has a house here and her parents both live here too. I'm sure he only moved north about 6 months ago himself. 

9 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

There is definitely players at utd I'd take, it's the ones they won't part with though. 

Courts has been on record saying they are desperate for strikers, so clark seems unlikely.

They certainly need more goals I’m just still not sure the right player is Watt. The’ve looked at the leagues leading goalscorer and jumped in without really looking at his career as a whole, we’re the only club he’s really been a success with and that took quite a while to happen. Even some of the United fans recognise this could be a good wedge of money for someone that’s just as likely to return to the player he was before joining us.