Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

56 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

It's OK, lads, its not about the money! I'm not sure what it IS about, but not that filthy lucre, no sir.

Tony Watt reveals motivation for next move

Some laugh that. They've literally just recycled his interview from 25th October.

These are the quotes from October:

Here's "Football Scotland" with scoop on 31st December.

Edited by capt_oats

4 hours ago, well fan for life said:

It was definitely the system and nothing to do with him not being good enough. 

The system certainly did him no favours, he was more than good enough in a Livi team that finished top 6.

Going by the bold Tony’s latest tweet I definitely can’t see him still being a ‘Well player by the time we play our next game…

ETA: I thought the wee orange heart was him trying to be controversial but after a scroll down his profile he has used it previously referring to us so who knows if theres anything in it… 

Edited by wellfan09

1 hour ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I see the Scotsman are rumouring Mugabi with a move to Celtic this morning. The big man has been solid for us this year and much improved since Alexander came in, but even with that, this is one of the wildest rumours I’ve seen.

He’s not even Japanese 

On 31/12/2021 at 16:32, Yorky said:

The system certainly did him no favours, he was more than good enough in a Livi team that finished top 6.

To be fair he almost sacked it off with us in the first season, he was raging that he had to play RWB instead of RW and was ready to leave :D We finished 8th or 9th that season, played him at RW and finished top 6 

I actually thought Lawless was a good signing on paper, he seemed to do a good job at this level for Livi. Whereas on the other hand I couldn’t believe in Roberts we’d signed a guy who couldn’t get off Hearts’ bench in the championship.

Sadly other than the odd flash in the league cup group and assist against St. Johnstone, he was utterly ineffectual.

I also do struggle to believe it was entirely his decision to go. Not quite sure you would wait until the window has shut and you can’t go anywhere else to bring the situation up. I imagine there was mutual consent somewhere in there.