Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 minutes ago, ropy said:

Will we bin everyone who happens to get themselves lined up for a new gig in the summer or just the good ones?

Tbf I reckon if someone has agreed a deal with a team down south and it's not public knowledge then I reckon they'll play a bit. 

This is just the Gallagher situation all over again. Although he was dropped in favour of the Bathgate Maldini who is, as it turns out, a far superior football player.

9 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Tbf I reckon if someone has agreed a deal with a team down south and it's not public knowledge then I reckon they'll play a bit. 

This is just the Gallagher situation all over again. Although he was dropped in favour of the Bathgate Maldini who is, as it turns out, a far superior football player.

Aye, Campbell had told us he wouldn't be extending (to the surprise of absolutely no one) but he played right up until he picked up that injury at Tannadice.

We should still have given him the armband for his last games like.

Edited by capt_oats

If we offer Barry Maguire a one year deal and Livingston offer him a 2 year deal which he prefers is that him in the stand?

I’ve said it before, my issue is with the disclosure, not the actual signing.

It feels wrong that we can only rely on getting Aug - Dec out of anyone entering their last year, or joining on a one year deal.

17 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, Campbell had told us he wouldn't be extending (to the surprise of absolutely no one) but he played right up until he picked up that injury at Tannadice.

We should still have given him the armband for his last games like.

Aye. You either leave a Campbell or f**k about long enough to become a Gallagher.

Campbell hadn't signed a pre-contract and was still putting in performances and effort - so no-one complained (and as it was open secret that he was off down south, with us getting compensation, everyone was ok with it).

I think in the last few months of a player's deal, it tends to emerge (probably via agents) where they might be off to - and that's normal. I think the only reason that the Watt one has been different is that he's (a) signed a pre-contract with a rival club and (b) done a f**k-load of badge kissing over the past few months, which people tend to react badly to when the player subsequently signs on elsewhere at the drop of a hat.

It’s one for the manager to decide.

If there is a drop off in performance then to the stand they go but as someone said earlier at one point does getting shields, who has a 3 year deal, more game time become the priority?

It’s best for both parties to get a deal done in January, then I hope they get the st Johnstone version of Tony.

There's got to be a "player exit" flowchart out there which shows the journey to the various fan reactions. 'Boo'd like f**k while you're still at the club', all the way up to 'clapped onto the pitch in the opposition's jersey'. It could be referenced with examples and everything.

Edited by CoF

4 minutes ago, CoF said:

There's got to be a "player exit" flowchart out there which shows the journey to the various fan reactions. 'Boo'd like f**k while you're still at the club', all the way up to 'clapped onto the pitch in the opposition's jersey'. It could be referenced and everything.

Krivocapic at Starks Park was the high cringe watermark for me. A classic of the genre.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

40 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I was buckled watching the stream yesterday and seeing that, in a socially distanced crowd of 500, folk were still standing up the back row of the East Stand, leaning over the barrier. Old habits die hard I guess.

I was standing in the back row for the pure novelty value of standing for a game at Fir Park for the first time since 1991. As for socially distanced, 2 old boys - main standers for sure - plonked themselves down directly in front of me despite that happening no-where else in the stand. Sad to report that between them, they went for 9 pishes during the game.

19 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Krivocapic at Starks Park was the high cringe watermark for me. A classic of the genre.

This is true.

Spoiler

I clapped him.

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I was buckled watching the stream yesterday and seeing that, in a socially distanced crowd of 500, folk were still standing up the back row of the East Stand, leaning over the barrier. Old habits die hard I guess.

Just to let you know, the stewards were told to stop people from standing at thier seat.

The stewards then happened to mention that standing at the barrier did not fall under that so they moved over there. Basically they had to enforce a no standing at seats policy but allowed the Barrier loophole.