Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

14 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

KVV now only two league goals behind Watt… 

Considering he’s surely had less minutes and Watt’s also notched a couple of pens so far this season I can see why the club aren’t bowing to Tony’s demands. Get as much as we can for him next month, play the budget Bergkamp through the middle and invest the money in another decent winger imho. 

Another good win today and an excellent first half of the season overall, some job Alexander is doing. 

1127885265_ScreenShot2021-12-26at17_31_54.thumb.png.b47242c6a3c72bd72cbe456df4e1707e.png

20 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Just a shame to have to split up the best joint strike force in the division 😞

True but it is what it is. I though Shields was excellent today, he could well improve. Watt was very hot and cold for a long time with us, the question for Dundee United will be does he go back to the old Tony  Watt and switch off again knowing he has that long contract, it’s happened enough times in the past. He could be a good addition, or a very expensive one sitting on the bench looking very uninterested if things don’t go his way. He’s always been far from a sure thing with his personality.

Edited by Yorky

12 minutes ago, Swello said:

Why was Alexander sitting up the back of the Main today? Was he banned? 

Who would have thought that 10 yellows and a couple of reds last season then half a dozen yellows this would see Alexander getting a stand to himself on Boxing Day.

49 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

El Yucateco Jalapeño will change your life.

Try Lupe Pintos up on Great Western Road. Some selection.

Lupe Pintos used to sell Glasgow Megadeath Mental Hot Sauce. It was quite something.  

It’s a shame for Watt if it ends like this especially after he was one of very few players who could hold his head up high last season and especially how he’s played this season and the all round good guy he appeared to be. I still cling to the vague hope it’s not confirmed yet, although somebody from the club is going to have to come out and confirm it one way or another soon. 

I hate pre-contracts and I’m fully onboard us never playing a player who signs in for another club again. Why this was leaked in the manner it was and when it was definitely leaves a bad taste in the mouth unfortunately and you wonder how that came to be. 

I wouldn’t boo him but I would certainly turn my back on him like Naboo.

EEDB3FEA-44C2-4DF7-9A11-AC9558F3174F.gif

2 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

It’s a shame for Watt if it ends like this especially after he was one of very few players who could hold his head up high last season and especially how he’s played this season and the all round good guy he appeared to be. I still cling to the vague hope it’s not confirmed yet, although somebody from the club is going to have to come out and confirm it one way or another soon. 

I hate pre-contracts and I’m fully onboard us never playing a player who signs in for another club again. Why this was leaked in the manner it was and when it was definitely leaves a bad taste in the mouth unfortunately and you wonder how that came to be. 

I wouldn’t boo him but I would certainly turn my back on him like Naboo.

EEDB3FEA-44C2-4DF7-9A11-AC9558F3174F.gif

To be fair we’ve also signed players on pre contracts.

2 minutes ago, Yorky said:

To be fair we’ve also signed players on pre contracts.

Tbf , it's more of How it's been revealed that's annoying. With the Irish guy, we refused to talk about it as he was still playing for his club and we only announced it when their season was over and the Contract had expired.

Tommy Wright announcing Declan Gallacher signing a pre-contract with us was a good illustration of why it's never really in anyone's control - we weren't going to say anything but someone else did it in a strop - and Scottish football is such a small world, that there is bugger all chance of keeping stuff under wraps anyway. 

I'm not a fan of pre-contracts from any point of view - I don't really see the need for them.