Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

8 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

And we're not naming names why?

No reason other than not being an obvious clipe.

Annoying because he's a good goalkeeper with a nice dug but the boy's clearly a no' righter. There's stuff like this peppered through his TL and there was a lot more before Trump got his Twitter shut down and all his Tweets were deleted.

1752295135_ScreenShot2021-12-26at09_14_08.thumb.png.6b67a30c12cb3a3117d46a570cf12122.png
990067424_ScreenShot2021-12-26at09_14_50.thumb.png.88d4e8ad43c88d28de1fc85950a22096.png

Edited by capt_oats

8 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

No reason other than not being an obvious clipe.

Annoying because he's a good goalkeeper with a nice dug but the boy's clearly a no' righter. There's stuff like this peppered through his TL and there was a lot more before Trump got his Twitter shut down and all his Tweets were deleted.

1752295135_ScreenShot2021-12-26at09_14_08.thumb.png.6b67a30c12cb3a3117d46a570cf12122.png
990067424_ScreenShot2021-12-26at09_14_50.thumb.png.88d4e8ad43c88d28de1fc85950a22096.png

Well... I'm guessing it's a good thing that I don't follow any players on social media?

Oooft - I was expecting a couple of shite Wee-Krankie-as-Hitler memes taken from H*n Uncle Facebook - but willingly retweeting Steve Baker is something else - he must have been radicalised when he was in London. At least it's not a Neil Oliver monologue.

1 minute ago, Allroy for Prez said:

So we only support our players if their political opinions and take on the world align identically to what is decided by a tiny percent of our fanbase decide is correct?

Get fucked! 

(a) where did anyone say that they wouldn't support a player

and 

(b) if someone is *publicly* pushing a particular political viewpoint (as opposed to holding them privately), then people have every right to form an opinion or react to it - that's the whole freedom of speech thing that people like Steve Barclay and other ERG types (and presumably our Liam) are really keen on.

4 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

If I was your commercial manager I'd have quit 18 months ago.

Oh you think it would have got that far? At interview stage I would have noticed your fat handed affliction and wouldn't have hired you. Demands for free Lucozade sealed the deal and you would have been papped out onto the street.

22 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Oh you think it would have got that far? At interview stage I would have noticed your fat handed affliction and wouldn't have hired you. Demands for free Lucozade sealed the deal and you would have been papped out onto the street.

I see we've taken a turn away from the paneer chat and straight onto BEEF!

Footballers seem to be particularly weird about the jag, even for an occupation that isn't exactly famed for it's intelligence. I'm not sure it's out of some misplaced fear that the side effects will be something that rules you out for half a season rather than just a sore arm and fatigue for two days, or if it's just a result of finishing training in the afternoon and having the rest of the day to spend being radicalised on WhatsApp.

On the Steve Baker thing, Kelly strikes me as a fucking idiot, but not one that's a keen observer of Conservative Party internal politics enough to actually know who he is beyond some guy saying "lockdown bad" on the news. Maybe I'm doing him a disservice though.

4 hours ago, Allroy for Prez said:

So we only support our players if their political opinions and take on the world align identically to what is decided by a tiny percent of our fanbase decide is correct?

Get fucked! 

Would be interested to know where you draw the line with this shite.

KVV now only two league goals behind Watt… 

Considering he’s surely had less minutes and Watt’s also notched a couple of pens so far this season I can see why the club aren’t bowing to Tony’s demands. Get as much as we can for him next month, play the budget Bergkamp through the middle and invest the money in another decent winger imho. 

Another good win today and an excellent first half of the season overall, some job Alexander is doing.