Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are folk claiming United are signing Watt because they're a "bigger club"?

Its quite clearly because they have a mental owner who's happy to sink 7 figures into a black hole every year.

It's getting massively overlooked

I don't believe it. I love Tony. He is one of the best players I've  ever seen in a well jersey until he's holding a scarf above his heed saying playing for  .... Is a a massive club. I will fully support him and until he stops giving 100% I won't doubt him or stop supporting him or the the team 

7 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Tell United to fork up or we're implementing a paneer only diet from now until June.

"Don't worry Tony, United's dietician asked that you eat 5 king ribs a day for lunch until the end of the season"

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its quite clearly because they have a mental owner who's happy to sink 7 figures into a black hole every year.

He isn't really sinking anything into them like that though. The debts are against the club name, not Ogren. 

3 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Update from my contact.

Dundee United broke the story on the quiet via their trusted pals in the media in the hope it would spread disharmony among our support, calls to bench him and hasten his departure in January for a smaller fee.

Similar to what happened to Dec with Aberdeen, club is absolutely livid.

Wonder how much the club will be looking for, hopefully club sticks to their value and if united don’t pay it then he’s here till the summer.

49 minutes ago, fraz86 said:

Wonder how much the club will be looking for, hopefully club sticks to their value and if united don’t pay it then he’s here till the summer.

We need someone to play the puck in May’s Thunderdome.

Just seen the latest interview with Alaexander in, sigh, the daily mail/record but there is one point that I would like to point out:

I couldn’t give you exact figures in terms of percentages but we have some who are double-vaccinated, some who are waiting for an appointment for their second one and some who haven’t had any

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/graham-alexander-blasts-jason-leitch-25780150.amp

I am not sure who within the Motherwell Squad who would be in this position. They surely can't have a problem preventing the jags? They way Alexander continues makes it seem there are some who just refuse to get it which I feel is very unprofessional considering their and the influence it brings.

7 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Just seen the latest interview with Alaexander in, sigh, the daily mail/record but there is one point that I would like to point out:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/graham-alexander-blasts-jason-leitch-25780150.amp

I am not sure who within the Motherwell Squad who would be in this position. They surely can't have a problem preventing the jags? They way Alexander continues makes it seem there are some who just refuse to get it which I feel is very unprofessional considering their and the influence it brings.

There's one particular idiot who seems a pretty obvious shout given his RT's on Twitter.

Edited by capt_oats

4 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Should I be grateful I don't know what that is?  

Aye, unless you particularly want an actual fucking Tory RT'd onto your timeline.

For avoidance of doubt I don't actually follow the player in question because...f**k that guy. I'd just clocked that he'd been 'liking' and RT'ing Trump stuff back when he signed in January (prior to the bold Donald's insurrection attempt and him being binned off every platform going).

That was enough to mark him as OFTW in my book so I've given him a swerve since then.

22 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, unless you particularly want an actual fucking Tory RT'd onto your timeline.

For avoidance of doubt I don't actually follow the player in question because...f**k that guy. I'd just clocked that he'd been 'liking' and RT'ing Trump stuff back when he signed in January (prior to the bold Donald's insurrection attempt and him being binned off every platform going).

That was enough to mark him as OFTW in my book so I've given him a swerve since then.

And we're not naming names why?

7 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Sounds like a keeper 

17 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

If my commercial manager came in and said that to me they'd be getting a P45. We don't need excuses, we need solutions. If you start from a position of weakness you're starting from a poor place. Increasing our home attendance by 2,000 adults is not easy but not beyond us.

If I was your commercial manager I'd have quit 18 months ago.

Who is more likely to generate these extra fans, the club with ‘initiatives’ or the fans by bringing along a mate or a nephew?

We’ve been down this route with Boyle. So many incentives but only picking up a maximum of a couple of hundred who will keep coming back.

Would I love to see 13k at every game of course, but I am also realistic that 4-5k is our normal limit. We should keep trying but let’s be real we aren’t suddenly going to find a thousand fans never mind 2-3k more