Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Do I want Tony Watt at Motherwell next season? Yes. 
Do I want Motherwell to pay Tony Watt what Dundee Utd are allegedly paying him? Absolutely fucking not. It's mental money to be offering an SPFL Premiership player at our level, but fair play to them. It's a statement of intent from them getting the league's current top scorer. 
It's a fair gamble as well, though. Watt has had more clubs than *insert random golfer here* and there's a very valid argument to say that the only one he's exceeded expectations at is Motherwell.
Whether he goes to Dundee Utd or Scunthorpe Utd, I couldn't give a f**k what he does after he's a Motherwell player. I'll thank him for his excellent service and we'll move on to the next one. 
What sort of figures are you hearing? A 3 year deal on much higher wages is not to be sniffed at, just thought he could have got much more in England but maybe he doesn't fancy upping sticks.

3 minutes ago, Swello said:

I wouldn't imagine that Utd are really paying multiples of what we'd offer in the way that clubs down south would do, 

If what I've heard is true, they absolutely are. Wild! 

5 minutes ago, Desp said:

If what I've heard is true, they absolutely are. Wild! 

Well, they'd better really hope they're getting the Motherwell Tony and not the St Johnstone one :)

Edited by Swello

13 minutes ago, Desp said:

Do I want Tony Watt at Motherwell next season? Yes. 

Do I want Motherwell to pay Tony Watt what Dundee Utd are allegedly paying him? Absolutely fucking not. It's mental money to be offering an SPFL Premiership player at our level, but fair play to them. It's a statement of intent from them getting the league's current top scorer. 

It's a fair gamble as well, though. Watt has had more clubs than *insert random golfer here* and there's a very valid argument to say that the only one he's exceeded expectations at is Motherwell.

Whether he goes to Dundee Utd or Scunthorpe Utd, I couldn't give a f**k what he does after he's a Motherwell player. I'll thank him for his excellent service and we'll move on to the next one. 

How much have United allegedly offered him?

That’s a very weird move which certainly doesn’t look good on him.

Motherwell shouldn’t have went all out to secure him and it’s becoming clear that we didn’t, Utd obviously have enough faith in him to do that.

22 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

This has got to be a wind up? Surely?

6 minutes ago, Bigaldo said:

I smell shite

Scott Burns is reporting it I think. He seems to nail most transfer stories in this division.

Watt might not sign for Utd but he 100% won't be extending his contract at Fir Park. We aren't close to the money Utd are offering, whether another club comes in with a better offer remains to be seen.

If I were Watt I would want to sign a deal ASAP as it is a significant amount of money for him.

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

Good luck to him, I hope it doesn’t go all Jake Hastie for them.

I do a wee bit.

I remember people being mad at Hastie for going to Rangers but he turned 2 months worth of form into a 3 year deal at Ibrox.  Tony Watt might never have another 4 months like this in his whole career.

3 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I’m still in shock at this news, but if true, I don’t see how he can continue to be picked. He’s gone from the king of Fir Park to a villain overnight which would be a massive shame and not what his time in a Motherwell strip deserves.

We are paying him, I would like to see him scoring goals for us.

10 minutes ago, Allroy for Prez said:

I’m still in shock at this news, but if true, I don’t see how he can continue to be picked. He’s gone from the king of Fir Park to a villain overnight which would be a massive shame and not what his time in a Motherwell strip deserves.

Villain. :lol:  Are you 10 years old? Have a word with yourself. 

The guy's got himself a new job, getting more money doing the same thing he's currently doing. 

17 minutes ago, Desp said:

Villain. :lol:  Are you 10 years old? Have a word with yourself. 

The guy's got himself a new job, getting more money doing the same thing he's currently doing. 

Sit down.

Good luck to any player who signs a pre-contract with a club in the same league and thinks that’s not going to be an issue for the last 6 months of his deal.