Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

SOD is totally convincing in the club’s latest post on twitterland. I could have believed it was him he was talking about.

That is brilliantly done - hats off to the boys involved (and the players for doing a brilliant job too obviously).

11 hours ago, Desp said:

Did many of you stick your name in the hat to be one of the 500?  I had a wee thought about it and stuck my name in, but it's purely for a chance to get out the house for a couple of hours on Boxing Day.  

I can see it being a grim experience.  Similar to the old reserve games I watched a few times at Fir Park.

4 hours ago, Desp said:

It's not what you know, eh...? 

Also unsuccessful in the ballot. 

From our chat you know I stuck my name down and know I was unsuccessful,

If I was a tin foil hat wearing loony I'd suggest it would have helped me in the ballot if I had an in at the club and if I hadn't been laughing at/calling out some members of the staffs tweets for 18 months.

But I am not like that, so I guess I was just unlucky.

11 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

If I was a tin foil hat wearing loony I'd suggest it would have helped me in the ballot if I had an in at the club and if I hadn't been laughing at/calling out some members of the staffs tweets for 18 months.

I'm happy to confirm that I'm the most poorly connected Motherwell supporter in the world - although I did once sit next to Elliot Frear at a game,  said "alright mate" to Peter Hartley when I passed him and sat 3 tables away from John Boyle in an Italian Restaurant in Reykjavik (although he wasn't in tears when the bill arrived like I was).

Not sure which one swung it for me.

6 minutes ago, Swello said:

I'm happy to confirm that I'm the most poorly connected Motherwell supporter in the world - although I did once sit next to Elliot Frear at a game,  said "alright mate" to Peter Hartley when I passed him and sat 3 tables away from John Boyle in an Italian Restaurant in Reykjavik (although he wasn't in tears when the bill arrived like I was).

Not sure which one swung it for me.

I said ‘welcome to Scottish football’ to Carl McHugh at a preseason friendly at Dumbarton, he had come off at half time and sat in the stand near the dugout with a bottle of water. The steward came and took it from him.  10 minutes later we were all standing on the pitch due to an alarm where I said something witty to Burrows which he ignored, strange days.

None of this helped me as I didn’t put my name forward although I half expected to be allocated one by the ballot process anyway.

Edited by ropy

Do I want Tony Watt at Motherwell next season? Yes. 

Do I want Motherwell to pay Tony Watt what Dundee Utd are allegedly paying him? Absolutely fucking not. It's mental money to be offering an SPFL Premiership player at our level, but fair play to them. It's a statement of intent from them getting the league's current top scorer. 

It's a fair gamble as well, though. Watt has had more clubs than *insert random golfer here* and there's a very valid argument to say that the only one he's exceeded expectations at is Motherwell.

Whether he goes to Dundee Utd or Scunthorpe Utd, I couldn't give a f**k what he does after he's a Motherwell player. I'll thank him for his excellent service and we'll move on to the next one. 

This is where pre-contracts are a nightmare (or if you're Dundee Utd, a massive fucking bonus) - player's levels tend to drop after they sign one and even when they don't, supporters think they do, which poisons the whole thing.

I wouldn't imagine that Utd are really paying multiples of what we'd offer in the way that clubs down south would do, so it feels weird for Watt to commit to a (in sporting terms) a sideways move at this point when he may have more lucrative offers in the summer on current form. In any case, hats off to United for stitching us up a fucking beauty. Merry Christmas.

2 minutes ago, Desp said:

Do I want Tony Watt at Motherwell next season? Yes. 

Do I want Motherwell to pay Tony Watt what Dundee Utd are allegedly paying him? Absolutely fucking not. It's mental money to be offering an SPFL Premiership player at our level, but fair play to them. It's a statement of intent from them getting the league's current top scorer. 

It's a fair gamble as well, though. Watt has had more clubs than *insert random golfer here* and there's a very valid argument to say that the only one he's exceeded expectations at is Motherwell.

Whether he goes to Dundee Utd or Scunthorpe Utd, I couldn't give a f**k what he does after he's a Motherwell player. I'll thank him for his excellent service and we'll move on to the next one. 

Ooh come on, it’s Christmas Eve, can we not have a tear stained rant instead of this rational pish…

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Ooh come on, it’s Christmas Eve, can we not have a tear stained rant instead of this rational pish…

I'll direct you to Twitter dot com, sir!

A very Merry Christmas to you.