Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just to revisit this from a couple of weeks ago comparing the results between the 1st and 2nd round of fixtures.

Dull as it is I thought I'd update it.

R1:
01/08 - Hibs (h) 2-3 (L) = 0
08/08 - St Johnstone (a) 1-1 (X) = 1
28/08 - Dundee (h) 1-0 (W) = 3
11/09 - Aberdeen (h) 2-0 (W) = 3
19/09 - Rangers (a) 1-1 (X) = 1
02/10 - Hearts (a) 2-0 (L) = 0
16/10 - Celtic (h) 0-2 (L) = 0
23/10 - Dundee Utd (a) 2-1 (L) = 0

Total = 8 - P 8 W 2 D 2 L 4 F 8 A 11

R2:
31/10 - Rangers (h) 1-6 (L) = 0
06/11 - Aberdeen (a) 0-2 (W) = 3
20/11 - Hearts (h) 2-0 (W) = 3
27/11 - Dundee (a) 3-0 (L) = 0
30/11 - Dundee Utd (h) 1-0 (W) = 3
04/12 - Hibs (a) 1-1 (X) = 1
12/12 - Celtic (a) 1-0 (L) = 0
18/12 - St Johnstone (h) 2-0 (W) = 3

Total = 13 - P 8 W 4 D 1 L 3 F 9 A 11

Fwiw, of the remaining fixtures Livi, County and St Mirren we took 7 points from those in R1.

It's interesting to note the impact those two fixtures against Rangers and Dundee have had on our GA column for the 2nd round of fixtures. They skew things wildly as outside of those two games we've only conceded 2 goals in the other 6 (Hibs and Celtic - both away).

11 minutes ago, Desp said:

Did many of you stick your name in the hat to be one of the 500?  I had a wee thought about it and stuck my name in, but it's purely for a chance to get out the house for a couple of hours on Boxing Day.  

I can see it being a grim experience.  Similar to the old reserve games I watched a few times at Fir Park.

Have just stuck my name down , had a think about it as would be balloting for 3 seats ( assuming kids count towards the 500?) , but the kids have been gutted since they got told we wouldn't be going so thought I might as well throw my hat in the ring.  

I was going to try the sob story of travelling all the way here for some games and ending up being stuck in the house, but we're just going to get some pies and Bovril in and have the family over instead. I'll always have the St. J game.

Hopefully we can get a positive result to round off a successful first half.

Wasn’t successful in the ballot. Hopefully this is the only game it’s needed.

Stream quality is better than last season and hopefully (IF this becomes Long term) we’ll get some decent commentators.

5 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Anyway, they say their is no kiosks but you can bring in your own food. What would this wonderfull thread of people recommend for a half time snack?

Now you've done it. I thought we were done with all the paneer chaat.

Edited by Gallus Numpty