Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I don't want to read too much into the club's social media but does featuring him like this suggest he's likely to play on Saturday?

Nah, I wouldn't think so.

Last week's was Cornelius after his first league start against Hibs he was on the bench the next game (not necessarily a surprise), week prior was Tierney who's not even eligible to play yet. Scott Fox and his goalkeeping school before that and Tony Watt's Foodbank think prior to that.

It's more where there's a "story" than who's going to be available to play. That's not to say he's not back fit more that the videos aren't really indicative of anything either way.

8 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I don't want to read too much into the club's social media but does featuring him like this suggest he's likely to play on Saturday?

Absolutely not.  The club's social media is run purely for the benefit of enhancing the CV of a certain pair.  f**k all to do with what the football team actually do.

With players like Kipre, Moult, Marvin Johnson and now Watt doing well and moving on, Motherwell supporters tend to more fatalistic/realistic than most (mad twitter loonies aside) - and Tony leaving at the end of his contract is hardly the big splash/bombshell that some hacks seem to think it is.

Edited by Swello

2 hours ago, Swello said:

With players like Kipre, Moult, Marvin Johnson and now Watt doing well and moving on, Motherwell supporters tend to more fatalistic/realistic than most (mad twitter loonies aside) - and Tony leaving at the end of his contract is hardly the big splash/bombshell that some hacks seem to think it is.

Here's the context, absolutely fair enough tbqh.

Again, big fan of the cut of #Grezza's jib here.

I'd wish he would stay for longer but their isnt really any point to push the offer beyond what we can really offer. Really, he has came in, improved both himself and the club and would be going out on a High to a very lucrative contract.

The only reason I would dislike Tony is if he decides not to continue putting in the effort that he's currently putting in. I don't see that happening but it is certainly a possibility.

Also I do worry that tomorrows game may be the last one in front of a crowd. I do hope I'm wrong but the fear is there.

5 hours ago, DeadStar said:

Hopefully the Twitter da's will stop asking him to sign now.

I for one am shocked that the out of contract top scorer in the league is attracting bigger clubs with bigger wage budgets than us.

I think the da’s are more likely to turn the from carrot approach to the stick.

32 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

Praying right now that I don’t see a bunch of Motherwell fans turning out to watch Rotherham vs Shrewsbury next year just to see Tony Watt.

That sounds like a game that could contain 6 or 7 former ‘Well players.

Saw a Galaxy Brain take on Twitter earlier along the lines of "we should have offered him Lawless' wage on top of what he's already on."

While it's cute that folk seem to think Lawless didn't get a pay off to f**k off (f**k Off Money, if you will) so that wage is just there for us to play with even then the idea that combining the two wages would make a dent in terms of Watt's potential earning if he has Championship offers on the table is genuinely fucking wild.

Some of Motherwell Twitter genuinely have no fucking comprehension of the sort of money at that level eh?

Anyway, here's the full press conference from earlier. "He's one of a number of players that are out of contract who we have offered contracts to."

Here are our OOC players for 2022 (as it stands):
Mich'el Parker (January), Jordan Roberts (January - loan ends)

Scott Fox, PJ Morrison, Ricki Lamie, Bevis Mugabi, Darragh O'Connor, Nathan McGinley, Liam Grimshaw, Barry Maguire, Mark O'Hara, Robbie Crawford, Liam Donnelly, Justin Amaluzor, Tony Watt.

Curious to know who the others are that we've put offers to. There are a few that you'd assume would be locks to get offers, others it's kind of difficult to tell one way or another at the moment.

Edited by capt_oats