Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

If we don't win it (lol) I just want to stop someone else winning it, couldn't care less who it was.

I might be wrong - but I can't remember the title ever being won against us (certainly not at Fir Park) - that's a good thing.

Edited by Swello

41 minutes ago, Swello said:

I might be wrong - but I can't remember the title ever being won against us (certainly not at Fir Park) - that's a good thing.

I do hope this is indeed true because that's my watercooler conversation for at least the next week sorted, and I'm going to be mightily disappointed if somebody proves otherwise.

Kelly, Lamie and Sean Goss all in the WhoScored team of the month.

More players in it than any other team - what a carry on.

skysports-team-of-the-mon-scottish-preme

Spoiler

"The third and final Motherwell representative is Sean Goss, who earned a rating of 7.76 in November. Goss created more clear-cut goalscoring opportunities (3) than any other Scottish Premiership player last month, while only David Turnbull (11) made more key passes (10). Three of the 26-year-old's four assists this season came in November, which is why he partners Aribo in this XI."

giphy.gif

Edited by capt_oats

Not 100% sure, but I had the same thought many years ago and ended up researching it, think Celtic won the league at Fir Park sometime in the 60s or 70s, hopefully I’m wrong.

14 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

Not 100% sure, but I had the same thought many years ago and ended up researching it, think Celtic won the league at Fir Park sometime in the 60s or 70s, hopefully I’m wrong.

I don't go back that far - I was meaning in my time, so mid-80's onwards. It might well have happened further back

I might have got my fingers burnt with Iain Vigurs, Lee Lucas and Gael Bigirimana, but my commitment to stanning every technically gifted, physically lacking maverick midfielder is finally paying dividends with Goss.

This might be heresy but I think Slattery has been an upgrade on Campbell too.

I have to admit that I’ve well and truly warmed to Goss.

Slattery knew the cameras were there last night. There was a Zidane turn pirouette thing he did in the first half that was smashing. I’m surprised it hasn’t been made into a GIF or been posted by the media guys yet.

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

This might be heresy but I think Slattery has been an upgrade on Campbell too.

Given it was about week 7 before I realised Campbell doesn't play for us anymore, yeah, would pretty much agree.

Are we going to finish top 6 because everyone else can't win games?

23 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Stinking.

Woolery has been worth his start most weeks. Neither Carroll or O'Donnell are good enough to be attacking outlets. And none of the midfielders are really guys that want to run beyond a striker.

We have a front 3 that scores goals and wins matches. Sometimes it doesn't work and we shit the bed like at Dens but it is better than setting up barely an attacking threat.

I didn't say I wanted it as a solution every week, but while 4-3-3 while playing to our strengths is predictable and I'd like to think a manager is open to change based on the personnel available and the opposition.

While I've not been blown away with SOD in C&A that is metered with seeing him in dark blue doing a job consistently as a wing back and doing it well, I'd just like to see him play that role for us before he consigned to the "meh" pile. I'd also like to see KVV and Tony play as a tighter pair, both have the skill and flicks required to interchange between goalscorer and foil.

Woolery hasn't blown me away with his speed as I expected but his decision making and composure have been increasing. Last night was the best performance from him in a Well shirt.

Given it was about week 7 before I realised Campbell doesn't play for us anymore, yeah, would pretty much agree.
Are we going to finish top 6 because everyone else can't win games?
Don't know why but I didn't realise Maguire was playing last night until he covered at right-back before SOD could come on. Not as bad as 7 weeks though [emoji6]

10 hours ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

I don't for one minute think the Motherwell fans gave a solitary f**k which way the title went that day.

9 hours ago, steelmen said:

I didn’t care who won the league but all the crap in the run up to the game about well fans having to leave so they could present the trophy, Boyle wanting them to have all the stands, people saying it’ll be great to see the trophy at Fir Park etc. all these things made me not want Celtic to win it. Granted if we were playing Rangers, I wouldn’t have wanted Rangers to win it.

I was proud of Motherwell that day, as we did what we were supposed to do, turn up and try to win the game.

8 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

If we don't win it (lol) I just want to stop someone else winning it, couldn't care less who it was.

This was it for me tae. I didn't want anyone winning the League at Fir Park. It just happened to be them.

I mind loads of Celtic fans in the well end too. Most sat on their hands and slinked off at the end. one or two got mouthy and punched about.

7 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I mind loads of Celtic fans in the well end too. Most sat on their hands and slinked off at the end. one or two got mouthy and punched about.

I had to explain to my (now)wife that the reason for the guy in about 4 rows infront of us was getting smacked about was because he was a Celtic fan that could not sit on his hands.  It was her first visit to Fir Park 

Very Good 21st for me