Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Guest superward
1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

FAI cup final for the boy this Sunday. I'm not saying we're going to win the Scottish Cup, but when he collects his winners medal in May, will he be joining a list of notable players who have notched this Irish/Scottish double in the past?

Live on RTE2 / RTE player for anyone who has the access or means to get access. 

On 23/11/2021 at 09:55, ropy said:

Looking ahead to the weekend, our record against teams below us in the league is 5 x W, 2 x D, 1 x L.  And the Loss was against Hibs whose position in the league is unclear.

So more of the same please, avenge the Cup defeat and get a bit of a run going.

Hibs position becoming clearer.

6 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Looks a fairly two footed, left-sided attacker. Skinning folk (tbf, the defending looks atrocious) and lashing them in, in a 5 minute Wyscout look.

Aye, I clocked that his Transfermarkt has him as a right footed left winger. 13 goals in 36 games.

Seemed interesting given that that's where either Watt and Van Veen have nominally landed. Also Roberts' loan is until January and the bold Justin is on a year deal.

Molloy was only 30? Jeez. I remember someone on one of the forums bigging up Murphy big time, total headless chicken.

Bad form mentioning Elliott, no one needed to remember that. I'm as traumatized from him playing for us as he was for having to get a bus.

2 hours ago, stu92 said:

"Reports suggest that the deal for Molloy could eventually earn St Pat's up to £100,000."

Reports suggest that the deal for Molloy hopefully was no-where fucking near that.

5 hours ago, stu92 said:

Murphy is, to this day, the most disappointed I have been with a signing. For some reason I was expecting him to be phenomenal, in a good way. Instead, he was dug shite. 

Over to you P&B ‘Well fans…. Who is your most hope shattering disappointment of a signing? 

3 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

Murphy is, to this day, the most disappointed I have been with a signing. For some reason I was expecting him to be phenomenal, in a good way. Instead, he was dug shite. 

Over to you P&B ‘Well fans…. Who is your most hope shattering disappointment of a signing? 

Ross McCormack 2nd time around. No doubt.

5 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

I can't remember where the hype was coming from about Murphy - but there definitely was plenty of it. Gash.

The return of Brian McLair must have been the worst one given his career and reputation after leaving us. Sloth is a good shout based on his pedigree.  

Sasa Curcic was one I remember fondly for the fact that I (very naively) thought he'd be brilliant.