Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

28 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

We're now pinning our hopes on Lamie to rescue us? 😂

I reckon 4th choice centre half is probably about right - as much as big Solholm is still in the unproven category - but Lamie is one of very few who haven’t let us down this season for me. 

I really, really would like to believe that this will be the end of the fucking 4-3-3, hanging full backs out to dry tactic. 

But I'll come back to you at 2pm tomorrow when Goss & McGinley start alongside some theoretical wingers. 

Edited by well fan for life

At this point I'd honestly take a return back to the 'robust' Robbo 352.  The football in the hammerthrowing era was atleast combative, I'm honestly not sure how many more games I can take watching us play the way we are just now.

This is a simplistic view but we've got 3 big f**k off centre backs, go use them. Also, if we are playing high balls, play them to someone who can actually compete in the air and win up the ball. And maybe let's try and be a bit more positive in our play please? At the moment, we do not look as if we are even trying to keep the ball and it feels like we are simply waiting on our next set piece or stroke of luck to get a chance.

The players must shoulder some blame for the way they are playing but I'm of the belief at the moment that they are being dealt a shite hand by this manager.

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

I really, really would like to believe that this will be the end of the fucking 4-3-3, hanging full backs out to dry tactic. 

But I'll come back to you at 2pm tomorrow when Goss & McGinley start alongside some theoretical wingers. 

Aye, even then it's interesting as this is pretty much the first time he's publicly indicated it's an issue to fix.

To be objective about it, he's not wrong in the sense that we've consistently scored goals while he's been manager and this season specifically we've scored a bunch of genuinely well worked goals. but it's interesting that it's taken getting scudded by Rangers for him to highlight the defensive issues considering we'd conceded 2 in each of the 4 games before Sunday's shitshow yet made next to no changes.

Who knows, I've not seen the press conference, maybe it's the first time he's been specifically asked about it.

Anyway here's big #Pete6 talking about KVV and Liam Donnelly.

Edited by capt_oats

12 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Lads I think we have to say that Bevis at right back is the key to success this year.

That's him played 4 at RB we've won 4. 3 clean sheets and 1 goal conceded.

SOD 9 games at RB won 1. 0 clean sheets and 14 conceded while he's been on the park.

giphy.gif

I'd absolutely stick with Bev at RB against Hearts.

Think Ojala and Sondre have the makings of an excellent partnership and I'd like to see them get a run of games together. Was worried when Ojala went off but to be fair to Lamie he never put a foot wrong when he was on and did well to set up the 2nd.

Still far from convinced by the midfield but worth noting that for all the abuse he gets, that's Goss now got 2 assists(both from open play) in his 5 starts this season. He also swung in the set pieces for our goal against Rangers and our 2nd today.

Also hopefully the clean sheet will be a boost to Kelly's wavering confidence, the double save 2nd half was outrageous. 

Edited by Casagolda

Good to hear that we're time wasting, streetwise, bullies again. When a team who employs Scott Brown compliments you on your use of the dark arts, you know you're doing well.

I'll never understand how our tactics work, and how Alexander has the win record he has. There is an element of playing the percentages there, but there must be a reason teams are generally restricted to shots right at Kelly.

I'm going to be home for three games in December, and I'm torn between wanting to see authentic grezzaball in the flesh and hoping we suddenly become entertaining so that the kids don't hate me. Is the pie selection any good these days?