Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

15 minutes ago, ropy said:

Part of the reason for having a squad is for players to come into the side and play for their place, so people like Carroll, Donnelly and even Shields should be able to come in with a bit of hunger.  We should be able to mix it up a bit to avoid 3 defeats.

I say this largely as I am travelling to Dundee next week on the train with a United fan, drinks before and after the game, probably a curry then the train home, a defeat would be insufferable.

Have to be honest I completely forget Shields is a thing for the most part.

28 minutes ago, ropy said:

Free kick in the centre circle, play it across the back line then back to the keeper.

Why?

There was one where we looked to try and work it short for a ball over the top to SOD. Sadly the pass relied on Grimshaw so it ended up back at Kelly. I know people like Grimshaw but it's sure as shit not for his footballing ability.

Grimmy’s lack of technical ability does leave us in such a conundrum. It does impede us and slow us down week after week, but you have to weigh it up with replacing him with O’Hara, Maguire or Crawford and losing his endeavour. I don’t think it’s ideal, but I’m not convinced we’d be in a better place for dropping him. I’d love Donnelly to be able to get up to speed.

One positive take I’ve got from today is that both of our centre backs were great today. I’m excited about Big Sol signing, but can we really drop Bevis on this form? (Wouldn’t have believed I’d be saying this a year ago).

15 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Grimmy’s lack of technical ability does leave us in such a conundrum. It does impede us and slow us down week after week, but you have to weigh it up with replacing him with O’Hara, Maguire or Crawford and losing his endeavour. I don’t think it’s ideal, but I’m not convinced we’d be in a better place for dropping him. I’d love Donnelly to be able to get up to speed.

One positive take I’ve got from today is that both of our centre backs were great today. I’m excited about Big Sol signing, but can we really drop Bevis on this form? (Wouldn’t have believed I’d be saying this a year ago).

Sol wont be ready for a while. although he was involved in the warm up he was still getting niggles from his achilles issue, Also kelly was playing with a back injury but was preferred over fox.

Edited by Well Well

19 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I’m excited about Big Sol signing, but can we really drop Bevis on this form? (Wouldn’t have believed I’d be saying this a year ago).

I said to Jay today. I'd play Bevis at RB.

SOD is utter baws.

I've a question.

How many folk would trust a VAR system to have awarded us a penalty for that handball today?

I mentioned this is in a group chat & I know it's tin foil hat stuff but I have had a decaf Cappuccino so I am not so sure.

Seems to have been some sort of facial injury and waiting on surgery.

That reminds me of the first time I saw us beat Celtic in the flesh, Andi Thom doing Scott Howie fracturing his cheek bone resulting in Dolan’s famous stint in goals. A late Ian Ross goal won it as I recall.

10 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I've a question.

How many folk would trust a VAR system to have awarded us a penalty for that handball today?

I mentioned this is in a group chat & I know it's tin foil hat stuff but I have had a decaf Cappuccino so I am not so sure.

I think it would have, KVV flicked the ball one way, the Bolly Boy punched it back across him.  There would have been no excuse not to award it.  There must be some VAR Uber Lord that oversees these decisions across footballdom that would rescind the license of any set up that didn’t award a penalty.

3 minutes ago, ropy said:

I think it would have, KVV flicked the ball one way, the Bolly Boy punched it back across him.  There would have been no excuse not to award it.  There must be some VAR Uber Lord that oversees these decisions across footballdom that would rescind the license of any set up that didn’t award a penalty.

I get that. But it's the same incompetent p***ks that failed to make that decision today that would have the call

5 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Seems to have been some sort of facial injury and waiting on surgery.

That reminds me of the first time I saw us beat Celtic in the flesh, Andi Thom doing Scott Howie fracturing his cheek bone resulting in Dolan’s famous stint in goals. A late Ian Ross goal won it as I recall.

Hope he bounces back, terrible injury. 

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I get that. But it's the same incompetent p***ks that failed to make that decision today that would have the call

I hope to god if they bring in VAR then its someone independent..i.e not from Scotland who makes the decisions.

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

But the VAR boys are sitting with a coffee, none of their windows are at risk, surely they make the right call 

15 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I've a question.

See on the back of this.

Celtic fans are now using on particular angle to suggest that KVV used his hand (it's since been downgraded to used his arm when it was pointed out how fucking stupid that was) before the Celtic player saved the ball.

This is the type of bullshit I think we'd be up against when it comes to VAR, they are aw the same. Celtic or Rangers, whether it's one of the tossers on this site. Or one of the tossers in a suit.