Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

30 minutes ago, rowsdower said:
3 hours ago, capt_oats said:
It's #Grezza....honest to God, his response to the journo asking about "expecting" to win tomorrow is some straight up Friday Night Lights shit.

I'm being made to watch that. It's alright.

Film or TV series? Both are good but I got heavily invested in the TV show. Season 2 is worth swerving though, the writers' strike fucked it up.

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

Explosions in the Sky are an excellent, excellent band and that's not mentioned enough on this thread.

Also I love Grezza and would still take him for a vegan dinner if he's at a loose end.

100%

Honestly think that every team talk would be improved by having them soundtracking it tbqh.

Edited by capt_oats

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Honestly, put down a bed track of Explosions In The Sky with that whole bit and I'm all in. Completely. #cleareyesfullheartscantlose

Watching the full 90 of the County game (I think) and there was a cut away to Alexander at half time and he genuinely looked like he was ready to kill. I would be utterly fucking terrified of him.

All I could think when he was talking was how McCall would have responded to a question like that about Rangers.

Hide contents

5c76531a02119_ScreenShot2019-02-27at09_05_23.png.9d4d623d7ec6add99e2c3d88297268fc.png5c7653b4998cc_ScreenShot2019-02-27at09_07_15.thumb.png.acfbf49bd7ca3a0217761354c8023637.png5c7653ef91019_ScreenShot2019-02-27at09_09_58.png.fba3ae16462ccd0327191305825b63f6.png

That McCall stuff has ruined my Friday night. A view from the Terrace better be fucking good :)

Quick Q - Has anyone checked how our wee neighbours from across the Clyde are getting on in the championship ? 
I think they were playing this evening……

Funny thing is that same lineup could probably rock up to fir park tomorrow and hammer us. They really needed us to go down instead of kille.

4 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

TYB, can confirm there is some bits involving our MASSIVE club in there tonight.

Playoffs. The Cobra. Bold predictions.
I'm gutted ye never mentioned pakora.

Top stuff.

48 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

I think the St Johnstone fans finally got one right in Goss. Deary me he’s poor.

Fairly invisible 

Not going judge him on one game though, will judge him next week.

Edited by ropy

3 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

Alexander got his team wrong today. Goss in from nowhere and not starting Van Veen is mind boggling.

Goss is shite, aye, but i don't think there can be many complaints about leaving out KVV. He's been pish since the Aberdeen game, albeit he looked alright today. Whether putting Roberts in for him and sticking with 4-3-3 was the right call, I doubt. 

We need another creative midfielder to help out Slattery. We can probably get away with one of Grimshaw, O'Hara, Donnelly or Goss in there, but when we need to pick two of them in our midfield three, we aren't winning a midfield battle. 

Part of the reason for having a squad is for players to come into the side and play for their place, so people like Carroll, Donnelly and even Shields should be able to come in with a bit of hunger.  We should be able to mix it up a bit to avoid 3 defeats.

I say this largely as I am travelling to Dundee next week on the train with a United fan, drinks before and after the game, probably a curry then the train home, a defeat would be insufferable.